Free DNS domain is inactive and wants credits

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. You switched your FREE DNS service to 1 credit per month service on 2023-10-31. We've switched it back to FREE DNS for you.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
for avi.org did you want the domain set to Free instead of paid DNS? regards

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
there is no history as this domain was moved into the account its in very recently, so in that original account it was set to paid DNS. When a domain is moved between accounts its service level stays the same

admin.think

there is no history as this domain was moved into the account its in very recently, so in that original account it was set to paid DNS. When a domain is moved between accounts its service level stays the samethanks Sandy ...
thanks Sandy. I guess we need paid then ... but it will not accept my valid CC

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
well, you only need paid if you want to add a third nameserver to the domains delegation... presently its delegated to
Name Server: NS3.ZONEEDIT.COM
Name Server: NS7.ZONEEDIT.COM and free DNS allows two nameservers. If you wanted to change the delegation to be:
dns1.zoneedit.com
dns2.zoneedit.com
dns3.zoneedit.com then paid would be the way to go.. otherwise your OK on free. the payment is being blocked as the zip code provided does not match whats on file for the card at its bank,

admin.think

well, you only need paid if you want to add a third nameserver to the domains delegation... presently its delegated to
Name Server: NS3.ZONEEDIT.COM
Name Server: NS7.ZONEEDIT.COM and free DNS allows two nameservers. If you wanted to change the delegation to be:
dns1.zoneedit.com
dns2.zoneedit.com
dns3.zoneedit.com then paid would be the way to go.. otherwise your OK on free. the payment is being blocked as the zip code provided does not match whats on file for the card at its bank,
ok ... so we are good on the free tier then as we dont require a 3rd nameserver? the postal code is correct so it must be something else. either way ... please set us to free tier. Thanks for your help on this Sandy, I appreciate it!