Free DNS domain is inactive and wants credits

seizuriffic

One of my free dns domains is inactive and will not activate without adding credits. My account still shows I have 2 free slots left and the domain appears to be set for Legacy free DNS. Dynamic DNS has updated the DNS entries in teh zone, but these are not reflected in the actual DNS servers. What can I do?

megatari.com

Kevin W

I am having this same issue with one of my domains (longmeadow.org) Can you please fix for me as well? Thanks.

Corey Chapman

Same problem here. I have a legacy free DNS account, so my domain info appears as :
Service Level:
Legacy Free DNS - 0 Credits / 1 month
Date Next Due:
not applicable

However, I have gotten several emails in the past couple weeks as follows.

The following service could not be renewed due to insufficient credits:

Domain:
Service: Host Monitoring/Failover - 1 host

To ensure continuity of service please log into your credit management page on our website and purchase additional credits no later than 2015-07-03, and to avoid any service interruptions in the future, we suggest you enable credit auto funding.

lsavitsky

Please can you check digarts.net ?
It was working recently and stopped.
After I changed some IP addresses in A records, it saved but still is not working.
MX records are also invalid.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
you can activate the domains that are set s free zones..... no invoices would be generated for those.

thanks
sandy

tlewandowski3

Please activate:
sixshooterz.com
evotekconsulting.com

My account is (or should be) a legacy account. It shows that I have 5 free domains but I have no way of activating the inactive domains on my account.

Thanks!

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
On your zoneedit members page click the manage link next to the domain,.. On the Domain Settings tab look for the orange text Activate link to activate domains that are ready to go.

thanks
sandy

tlewandowski3

Is it safe to ignore the renewal message as these will be part of my free five domains?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-22-11-58-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-22-11-58-05.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 2

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
yes .. it is safe... If you want to let me know once you activate the domains I can double check for you.
thanks
sandy

tlewandowski3

Both are active. They're also now showing the Free DNS tag next to them. If you can double check, that'd be great!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 2