emails not forwarding

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
This was going to be my next question to ask. I needed to find your domain/mailmap destination address so we could look at the logs (which I have done now -- waiting on the results).
For Benkjamin - Update to my inquiry for the logs on forwarding to your Gmail address - Other than a few emails being blocked for likely being spam, most emails since the 25th have gone through to Gmail without issue. We estimate out of 100 messages, 90 had no problem.

rodp

This is so bazaar! My domain name is "wellardwoods.com" and I have two mailmap redirects. One goes to iinet.net.au and the other goes to Bigpond.com. Iinet advise they're not blocking anything from Zoneedit.com. But I've not received any email since Fri 25Th at best, possibly earlier for either of these accounts. However I can send email directly to either email account without issue.
@Chris Cherry - is it possible to check any logs for the above domain and see if any traffic violations exist. I have had no email "Failed to deliver" messages for test emails sent last week, so they're out there somewhere. Also where do I go get a paid subscription created so I can get my password issue sorted?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
@Chris Cherry - is it possible to check any logs for the above domain and see if any traffic violations exist. I have had no email "Failed to deliver" messages for test emails sent last week, so they're out there somewhere. Also where do I go get a paid subscription created so I can get my password issue sorted?

I redacted the user for the mailboxes for privacy:

Aug 31 13:51:56 mxc04-zpc postfix/qmgr[3374088]: EFA0463F40: to=<****@iinet.net.au>, orig_to=<****@wellardwoods.com>, relay=none, delay=735284, delays=735284/0.01/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to 64.68.203.25[64.68.203.25]:25: Connection timed out)

They are providing a 400 series response, which means a temporary block. Our mail systems try continuously to deliver these emails. After four days, the messages will begin to NDR back to the sender. It's not a 500 series error where they outright block us, and you get the response immediately that the message wasn't delivered. That's why it seems like the messages aren't being delivered - they just haven't timed out yet.

We've actually removed one shunt today, so we'll see if the mail starts flowing through (but who knows for how long).

Also where do I go get a paid subscription created so I can get my password issue sorted?
I've issued a password reset for your account. It will temporarily lock if you fail to log into your account five times in a row. If you wait about 20-30 minutes, you can try again. Your failures were all on August 28th, so it would be unlocked by now.

rodp

Many thanks Chris. Is there any chance you can forward that password reset request from an account other than from zoneedit.com? It appears no traffic is coming from zoneedit.com to iinet.net.au. I've created these multiple times and I haven't received one of them?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
It's so bad that they're even blocking our system mailer that only sends system messages to our customers:

Aug 31 15:18:15 ims01-pco postfix/smtp[27958]: 053A7A005B: to=<****@iinet.net.au>, relay=asav2.iinet.net.au[27.32.32.49]:25, delay=4786, delays=4785/0.17/1.5/0, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (host asav2.iinet.net.au[27.32.32.49] refused to talk to me: 421 Service not available, closing transmission channel)

One of the problems with your account, Rod. You haven't logged into the Zoneedit account since we took over the service in 2014 - which means you have no security questions configured, so we have nothing to validate with. Send an email to access @ zoneedit.com requesting help with a password reset.

Last edited:

rodp

Thanks for your help Chris. I'm back up and running. Got my access sorted and although iinet haven't come back to me yet they advise they're looking into the above error. I've reconfigured my mailmaps for the time being and now receiving emails.