emails not forwarding

Benkjamin

I'm having the same issue.

It's set up so that anything@mydomain.com.au goes to a gmail account.

But it's currently not forwarding, so the emails seem to be getting lost.

Last edited:

rodp

I've spoken to Iinet and they advise they are not blocking email from ZoneEdit. Where do I go from here? Is this Iinet or ZoneEdit?

rodp

In the meantime, I've forgotten my ZoneEdit password and a password reset request sends it through to my iinet.ne.au email address, which of course never arrives! How can I reset my password?

Benkjamin

In the meantime, I've forgotten my ZoneEdit password and a password reset request sends it through to my iinet.ne.au email address, which of course never arrives! How can I reset my password?
Hmmm... well, there are 2 options:
1) if ZoneEdit fixes the issue, it should start working again. If that happens, then you should change your password, then login and change your account email to an address that does not rely on ZoneEdit.
Now that I think about it, if you're logging in with your iinet email address, there is no reason for it not to send the password recovery.​
unless you're logging in with the Zoneedit address that then forwards to your iinet email address.​

2) You could potentially make a second ZoneEdit account and pay for their most basic plan, then you should be able to get ZoneEdit support and explain your situation.

Hopefully that helps.

Benkjamin

I've spoken to Iinet and they advise they are not blocking email from ZoneEdit. Where do I go from here? Is this Iinet or ZoneEdit?
I can't see why it would be an ISP issue. Does an email arrive when you send directly to your iinet email address?
If so, then your iinet email is working, and the issue is with ZoneEdit.

I am not an iinet customer, my emails should forward to gmail, and my gmail account still works fine. The issue is with ZoneEdit's email forwarding.

rodp

Yeah thanks for that. Yes I can send directly to my iinet email address from other sources (ie work email) and I get them. It's just email traffic coming from my redirected domain via ZoneEdit to iinet that is failing.

MarkIC

For au it looks like bigpond have throttled emails from zoneedit in the past. Anyone experiencing this recently?

I'll call them tomorrow but I have important emails I'm not getting and its been 4 days now

Benkjamin

still no improvement with my email forwarding :-(
Same.
For au it looks like bigpond have throttled emails from zoneedit in the past. Anyone experiencing this recently?

I'll call them tomorrow but I have important emails I'm not getting and its been 4 days now
I don't use bigpond, but I don't think they're the issue. Please let us know if learn anything from calling them.

To me, it seems to only be a ZoneEdit mail forwarding issue.

Last edited:

Benkjamin

My email forwarding is set up with what they call a Catch-All mailmap (see screenshot).

This means anything@mydomain.com.au is forwarded to my gmail account.

Is that how you both have it set up?

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.20.21 pm.jpg

rodp

To be honest I don't remember. I set this up about 10 years ago and it has work flawlessly since. But judging by your screen shot, it would be very similar. Just going to iinet instead of gmail.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
The only interjection I can make into this conversation when dealing with email forwarding to Gmail is to ensure you're not testing the mail flow by sending an email FROM your Gmail account to your mailmap, which forwards back to your Gmail account. We will deliver the message to Gmail, who will then Discard it.

Example...

Mailmap:
anything@mydomain.com.au forwards to youraddress@gmail.com

If you send a test message FROM youraddress@gmail.com to anything@mydomain.com.au - it will not arrive. If anyone else sends you a message, it should come through.

Benkjamin

The only interjection I can make into this conversation when dealing with email forwarding to Gmail is to ensure you're not testing the mail flow by sending an email FROM your Gmail account to your mailmap, which forwards back to your Gmail account. We will deliver the message to Gmail, who will then Discard it.

Example...

Mailmap:
anything@mydomain.com.au forwards to youraddress@gmail.com

If you send a test message FROM youraddress@gmail.com to anything@mydomain.com.au - it will not arrive. If anyone else sends you a message, it should come through.

Thanks Chris,

I have only sent test emails from different email accounts (not the same one that is being forwarded to), and other people have sent emails that have not arrived.

It seems the 3 of us with this issue have these similarities:
  • We have had accounts working for years (mine was probably set up about 2005 or 2006)
  • We have a 'catch all' email forward set up
  • Our emails all stopped working at roughly the same time (if not exactly the same time)
  • I think we are all in Australia
If it helps, my domain is benk.com.au so anything @ benk.com.au should be forwarded to my gmail, but nothing has arrived in at least 4-5 days.

I hope this can be sorted out.

Benkjamin

Quick question @rodp @MarkIC

Is the domain that you are using to email forward, associated with Weebly in any way?

Mine is, and I'm just trying to find similarities between our issues.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
I have only sent test emails from different email accounts (not the same one that is being forwarded to), and other people have sent emails that have not arrived.
Okay, thanks for clarifying. We rarely have issues delivering to Gmail, and the most common delivery issue/inquiry we receive are from those who try sending an email from the Mailmap's destination address.

If it helps, my domain is benk.com.au so anything @ benk.com.au should be forwarded to my gmail, but nothing has arrived in at least 4-5 days.
This was going to be my next question to ask. I needed to find your domain/mailmap destination address so we could look at the logs (which I have done now -- waiting on the results).

I just had a new test email come through (I suppose ones lost over the last week are gone).
I haven't asked, but are the missing messages in your Gmail Spam folder? Typically, if an email cannot be delivered, a Non-Delivery Response (NDR) is provided to the sender with the reason (after 4 days of attempted delivery). The only alternative would be for Gmail to discard the messages, but that doesn't seem like something they would do without reason.