Dynamic DNS Dyn Records not Synchronising automatically with external Name Servers #2

pcarnegie

Hi

Today, 10 August 2021 at around 20:00 UTC I noticed that no emails had been received for my CARNEGIE-DIXON.COM domain, although the dynamic ip addresses are updated correctly into zoneedit - I login to ZoneEdit Control Panel and can see that the those updates don't seem to get propagated to other name servers, eg 8.8.8.8. If I log into the control panel, go to edit the dyn records, but not actually change anything, click Next, Click Confirm, and then use nslookup to check the domain resolution, I find that the dyn records have successfully been propagated to other name servers.

I've been using Zoneedit for years and years, (2002-04-16, that's 19 years !!), and it has always worked flawlessly and correctly during that very long time so something has happened/changed.

The Domain concerned is carnegie-dixon.com
I use DDCLIENT to update the dyn records - again used for years and years from

This problem last happened to me back in 2019-09-01 see this thread https://forum.zoneedit.com/index.ph...tomatically-with-external-name-servers.12448/ and was fixed by ZESupport.

Help please !

Thank you

Peter

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there.

this may have been caused by an update we were performing on the site.. can you please let me know if it happens again.

thanks and sorry for the inconvenience