Zoneedit support CNAME record for DKIM ?

Adj

Hello,

I'm trying to set up DKIM and Microsoft 365 provided me two CNAME records to register in my DNS provider, so Zoneedit.

I already add the two records in CNAME type, but when I check in a DNS checker it said "no DKIM found".

When I test with a TXT records DNS checker found them but there is a syntax problem, normal because Microsoft 365 provided me DKIM CNAME records and not DKIM TXT records. I already test with DKIM record type, but same problem because it's a TXT record too.

So I wanted to know if DKIM type CNAME are supported by Zoneedit or not ?

Thanks in advance.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there ... it is supported.. what is the domain name of concern?

regards

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi again

CNAME records

You must append a dot (i.e. '.') to the address if you wish to point a CNAME record to a host at another domain.

Examples:

1. To map www.energiedurable.ch to energiedurable.ch, enter 'www' for the host and 'energiedurable.ch' for the address (with no trailing dot)
  2. To map webmail.energiedurable.ch to webmail.easymail.ca, enter 'webmail' for the host and 'webmail.easymail.ca.' for the address (with a trailing dot)
I have added the . now so they don't resolve to:
selector1-energiedurable-ch._domainkey.serbeco.onmicrosoft.com.energiedurable.ch.

regards.

Adj

Thanks.

I was able to enable DKIM for the mentioned domain in Microsoft 365.

Unfortunately after waiting 1 day to be sure, DNS analyzer displayed me DKIM not found for this domain.

I don't know if I need to wait longer. I will maybe contact Microsoft support.

Thanks again.