Zoneedit not propagating

ssobhani2

I am using DDNS for a record with TTL set 50 seconds, which was updated successfully 6 hours ago. Almost always within 5 minutes the record is propagated but not this time. Based on DNS query the servers are ns9.zoneedit.com and ns3.zoneedit.com. Are the servers down?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello,

The servers are fine. The zone file required a reload.

It should be showing up properly now.

Dick Rempfer

Please note that based on DNS query the servers are ns3.zoneedit.com and ns5.zoneedit.com are not propagating to the internet. Are the servers down? My IP address (see rempfer.net and/or r2bbs.com) is correct at ZoneEdit but has not been updated to the Internet for more than 24 hours. Please help!

Current IP address: 172.242.243.2
IP address per ping: 72.173.20.170

IP address not updating from ZoneEdit to the Web. Please HELP!

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello Dick,

I've made some adjustments to your domains as you now have paid registration services so that you can use our dns1/dns2/dns3.zoneedit.com nameservers on your domains.

Your IP's should be resolving correctly on both domains.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Thank you for mentioning it.

I can fix this, but we need to locate the root cause so that it doesn't keep occurring. We'll investigate further as we have more reports coming in from other customers with the same symptoms.

Edit: Problem located, waiting for developers to fix.

Last edited:

ssobhani2

Bad news Chris. It worked briefly but when I changed the IP to test about 15 minutes ago, I don't see it propagating. Normally it takes a couple of minutes with a 60 TTL.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
It is still pending a fix by our developers, so any DDNS updates will not propagate correctly (unless you manually update something else in your zone).

I'll post again when it has been corrected.