zeDyn Dynamic DNS Client - Windows 7

morsel.info

Hello! I'm new to the forum but have been using ZoneEdit for over 13 years now.

I'm attempting to get the older zeDyn Client to work on a Windows 7 PC in order to update a subdomain.

However, it continually logs this message: "IP Detect Failed," and never succeeds in updating the DNS record for the subdomain.

Can anyone suggest a troubleshooting approach to determine the source of the error? Or is this client no longer supported?

Thank you,
morsel.info

Mark Jeftovic (#fb)

Administrator
Staff member
There is probably an older URL for IP detection which we're unaware of.
Is there anything in that client (logs or something) which tells you what URL it is trying to connect to for IP detect?

Guy Taschereau

There is probably an older URL for IP detection which we're unaware of.
Is there anything in that client (logs or something) which tells you what URL it is trying to connect to for IP detect?
I have the same problem. I've read on the net the following;

"No longer works since zoneedit changed to HTTPS for updates and changed their web addrsss for IP checks."

How can we get it to work again?

Guy Taschereau

Sorry that's not what I meant.

I mean, what URL here on zoneedit, is the app trying to connect to, in order to detect the IP?
Ho Sorry... I dont really understand. Cause the little client I was using had only 3 lines of entry in it. Username, password and the host we wanted to update. This is all I was doing for the last 10 years at least.
The name of the app is ZeDyn.exe
Not sure what else you need... I assume that the URL was set hardcoded inside that application.