why redirecting to domain parking web page

tridder

Hello

Why are hostnames redirecting to domain parking web site? I have a legacy free account with one domain. I have rechecked the primary dns server, and it is correct. Zoneedit.com is redirecting to voodoo.com. there should be no redirects just failures.

tridder

I should point out that the primary DNS servers are running split DNS. There is external and internal DNS. Internal resolves all hosts on network. External resolves a hand full of important hosts. Outside of the USA when a host does not resolve it redirects to domain parking page. It should be a hard failure. If someone enters a nonexistent hostname it redirects when it should be a hard error. This needs to be fixed.

tridder

Hello

There is only static DNS. My network is a legacy /24 allocated long before ARIN was even thought of.

tridder

what is the domain name of concern?

sandy

Hello

blauedonau.com
this morning it appears to be working correctly.
at least a nonexistant hostname on my domain does result in a hard failure and not a redirect to a domain parking web site.
i will test further later today.

tridder

please let me know how it goes.

sandy
Hello
Why does zoneedit redirect to a domain parking web site?
Why not send an e-mail to the account holder?
I do not want my domains pointing to some domain parking site which I have no idea of.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
unfortunately the domain is on secondary service so I do not have access to any backed up zone files to see why there were parked host records.
can you send in a copy of the original zone file that zoneedit was serving?

sandy