We cannot receive emails with attachmetns

Dorothy Cui

We use Zoneedit as emails services. But we find we cannot received all emails properly. For example, I cannot receive the confirmation email from Zoneedit. (This is very funny). I cannot receive any emails with attachments.

Can Zoneedit help me out? Or I just simply find some "Can help" company to provide DNS?

Mark Jeftovic (#fb)

Administrator
Staff member
There are a few variables here we would need to debug this. Are you using zoneedit email forwarding? Or your own email server?
What kind of email client are you using?
Knowing the domain name would help us get started.

Dorothy Cui

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, we are using Zoneedit email forwarding. We get emails to our server and then server sends emails to every PC.

Yes, there are many possibilities to cause the email problems. I am trying to find out the real one. Quick response is very important for me now. But Zoneedit is really letting me down.

My company domain is decorso.com.au.

I tried to use the office email to sign up in Zoneedit forum and then you can see my domain, but it cannot receive the confirmation letter. This is exactly the problem I am facing now. Out emails are very picky now for unknown reasons. It cannot receive the emails from Hotmail.com and Zoneedit confirmation letter, or the emails with attachments. But it can receive emails without attachments and emails from Zoneedit support. And the "support"ZoneEdit only tells me go to here regardless what questions I faced.

Best Regards,
Dorothy

Mark Jeftovic (#fb)

Administrator
Staff member
You are running your own mail server: mail.decorso.com.au
You are using us for backup MX, so all we are doing here is spooling email when it can't be delivered there. When we dequeue email to you, your mail server accepts it fine.

So whatever is happening (or not happening) it is occurring on mail.decorso.com.au, which we have no visibility into. You would need to talk to your IT person or sysadmin of that server.

Dorothy Cui

Thanks Mark. That is exactly the information I need to know. Now I am moving on to rule out other possibilities caused the emails problems.

Thanks for your help.