URL forwarding -- Error Processing Request

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
  • b.ns.buddyns.com
  • c.ns.buddyns.com are delegatd ibn the domains whois record. have you double checkled on the zoneedit side on the inhtegrations tab?
regards

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi again. not sure i fully understand... does this explain whytsome zone transfers did not go through properly?

Herberti

There is no "b.ns.buddyns.com" or "c.ns.buddyns.com" mentioned in the ZONEEDIT settings:

1665587561159.png

Where did you see them?

My problem is, that URL forward (eg test.guetlbauer.com) does not work properly.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Could you send in a screen grab or the resolution error you are seeing? for me test.guetlbauer.com works fine at present.

for: There is no "b.ns.buddyns.com" or "c.ns.buddyns.com" mentioned in the ZONEEDIT settings:

they are delegated in the Whois record so they could be querried for the zone file:

# whois.verisign-grs.com

Domain Name: GUETLBAUER.COM
Registry Domain ID: 31951196_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.registrar.eu
Registrar URL: http://www.openprovider.com
Updated Date: 2022-07-26T20:12:58Z
Creation Date: 2000-07-26T21:56:33Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-07-26T21:56:33Z
Registrar: Hosting Concepts B.V. d/b/a Registrar.eu
Registrar IANA ID: 1647
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@registrar.eu
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +31.104482297
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Name Server: B.NS.BUDDYNS.COM
Name Server: C.NS.BUDDYNS.COM
Name Server: NS12.ZONEEDIT.COM
Name Server: NS14.ZONEEDIT.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

regards

Herberti

for: There is no "b.ns.buddyns.com" or "c.ns.buddyns.com" mentioned in the ZONEEDIT settings:

they are delegated in the Whois record so they could be querried for the zone file:

# whois.verisign-grs.com

Domain Name: GUETLBAUER.COM
Registry Domain ID: 31951196_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.registrar.eu
Registrar URL: http://www.openprovider.com
Updated Date: 2022-07-26T20:12:58Z
Creation Date: 2000-07-26T21:56:33Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-07-26T21:56:33Z
Registrar: Hosting Concepts B.V. d/b/a Registrar.eu
Registrar IANA ID: 1647
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@registrar.eu
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +31.104482297
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Name Server: B.NS.BUDDYNS.COM
Name Server: C.NS.BUDDYNS.COM
Name Server: NS12.ZONEEDIT.COM
Name Server: NS14.ZONEEDIT.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
Hm, buy why are these NS records there? Shouldn't be there only those I can see in ZONEEDIT GUI (screenshot above)?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
you would have had to enter them manually. or at some time you may have imported an exitting zone file using the Tools tab.

regards

Herberti

I think, the problem is, my domains are registered via my ISP here in Austria and "only" managed via Zoneedit. So my ISP has to set this ns-servers ... I'll check this.

Thank's so far!

Michael

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
test.guetlbauer.at is working for mat at present.

I was asking what the full zone file looked like at the buddy nameservers.

for the buddy nameservers delegated in the zoneedit zone..

guetlbauer.at b.ns.buddyns.comdefault
guetlbauer.at c.ns.buddyns.com

I am unsure if that should be changed... it does copy whjst listed in the domains Whois record thiough...

regards

Herberti

Sandy,

I'm coming back to this issue. Now I'm able to set the ns-records for guetlbauer.com / guetlbauer.at / gütlbauer.at through the GUI of my ISP.

I wonder, which ns-servers *of zoneedit* I have to set. When I started to use zoneedit, I got only two server-names automatically assigned for each domain.

eg ns12.zoneedit.com and ns14.zoneedit.com for guetlbauer.com

It was not possible select the ns-server or change them.

Now I'm unsure, if this is still the case. In zoneedit's GUI https://cp.zoneedit.com/manage/domains/ns/edit.php it is possible to change them and mentioned do use "dns1.zoneedit.com" and "dns2.zoneedit.com" elsewhere. I also read "dns0.zoneedit.com" somewhere.

So could you please tell me, whichs ns-servers managed by zoneedit I can/should set up for my domains?

Thanks,

Michael

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi again.
for free dns : dns1.zoneedit.com, dns2.zoneedit.com
for paid dns: dns1.zoneedit.com, dns2.zoneedit.com, dns3.zoneedit.com

if you click the Tools tab the zone fiole check you can see what nameservers are delegated in the domains zone file.

regards.

Herberti

So I have to change ALL nsX.zoneedit.com to dns1.zoneedit.com and dns2.zoneedit.com, correct?

What do you mean with "tools tab"?

1669903585638.png

Michael

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi again you do not have to change them all the ns## zoneedit nameservers are still valid my misunderstanding I thought you were asking what they could be if you wanted then to be all the same delegations per domain name. basically the NS records in the zone file should match what is listed at the domains registrar.

regards.