Unable to send through TLS

jad

For many years, I've had my domain email forwarding to gmail, and been sending from there using my domain email address using TLS. This morning, gmail tells me that I 'no longer have access' to my domain.
Looking at my settings on gmail, my SMTP Server is set as mx-caprica.zoneedit.com port 587, secured connection using TLS.
When I try to connect to that hostname though on port 587, I'm getting a connection refused:
jad@LCOL0228 ~ $ telnet mx-caprica.zoneedit.com 587
Trying 64.68.198.24...
Trying 64.68.198.23...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
jad@LCOL0228 ~ $

Have the server settings changed I wonder? Or is that host just down at the moment maybe?

Any help would be appreciated!

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
HI there . what is the domain name of concern? additionally mx-caprica cannot be used for outbound. Gmail has made some changes recently that wont allow the "reply to: option it seems.

regards,

balthasar

I have the same setup and the same problem. It seems that mx-caprica.zoneedit.com 587 could until very recently be used as SMTP for outbound Mails (e.g. from gmail acting like a mail client, but also from others).

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Balthasar.

mx-caprica.zoneedit.com is not an SMTP server and provides no authentication. it could not have worked.. perhaps gmail was set to use your domain mail maps for a "reply to" address...

regards