Subdomain separate zone file vs virtual

etetz

Hi, I want to setup a subdomain for a separate email zone. ie. mydomain.com and corp.mydomain.com. To support email, I need to create various @ records, like MX and TXT. My question is, can I create those records has records using a single zone file, attempts like using hostname of @.corp does not seem to work.

Please let me know if this is possible, or if I need to request a separate zone file at access @ zoneedit.com. If I need to request a new zone file, does that just use one of my free zone slots?

Thanks,
Ed

hi there.

yes, you would create all this records in the parents zone file. as example if you were creating an A Host record for mail.domain.com, in the host text box you would enter: mail then in the IP text box the IP you want that host to point to.

hi there.

yes, you would create all this records in the parents zone file. as example if you were creating an A Host record for mail.domain.com, in the host text box you would enter: mail then in the IP text box the IP you want that host to point to.
Hi Sandy, Thanks for the quick response.

If I want to create mail.corp.domain.com, then that would work by entering mail.corp in the host field and the IP address; but the problem is for something like spf information (type=txt, host=@, value=v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all), which goes into the root records '@' as txt entries. When I try to create a record for '@.corp' it tells me it is not a valid name for the host field.

Can I create these @ entries without a separate zone file?

Back