subdomain doesn't propagate

green

Hi. Fist of all, thanks for your services. I had set up almost everything easily.
But my subdomain address still not propagated (for several hours now), despite zone file states that my associated DYN record is online and the address is displayed. Main domain address works fine. What to check?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello,

If you visit https://domainhelp.com/

Use the WHOIS Lookup tool to query your domain and report back here what you see. What we need to see are the nameservers your domain is using.

green

for primary domain:
dns1.zoneedit.com
dns2.zoneedit.com
but for subdomain:
No hostname in place for <my subdomain>
:oops:
Do I really need to perform special steps for subdomain adding (i.e. registering it), or adding A record is enough for that? Do I need to add nameserver for each of my subdomains in order for it to work?
I had set up nameservers for primary and sub-domain as LOCAL, and zone file states your nameservers for that.
❓❓❓ I'm highly confused...

Last edited:

green

Have just edited the above message. Sending this in case you didn't return to this thread if there are no new messages. Also I'd like to add that I use your «Free DNS» with one free slot, and delegated the domain (primary) to ZoneEdit from another provider, so the free slot is used by it.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello,

I still don't know what your domain name is to check anything. That is the reason I asked for you to do a WHOIS lookup and post it here. I have nothing to check. I need to make sure you're not editing the "NS Records" in your DNS zone and adding anything there as you shouldn't need to edit that information. Your NS Records should be left as LOCAL. I need to check that your domain is delegated to our nameservers which you would do via your current domain Registrar.

green

Just PM-ed. Since my question I was needed to change the settings, but the problem remains (just checked). Interesting, that zone file didn't show any signs of the problem. At the control panel all is OK. All addresses are online and are updated normally.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
I see what you're mentioning about the sub-domain. I don't see any reason why PARK shouldn't work on a sub-domain, but it's an odd setting to have.

It shouldn't require an NS Record for that sub-domain to be set as local. Having the root @ as LOCAL is all that is needed. All sub-domains will be part of that. You only use NS records if you want to delegate a sub-domain AWAY from our nameservers to some other 3rd party nameserver.

I've removed the NS record entry for the sub-domain and refreshed your zone file across all our servers. I believe everything should be working now.

green

You're magician! All works instantly and perfectly now! Thank you for your support! ☺️
Love ZoneEdit!

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
You're welcome, green.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know.