Need help with Stealth Forwarding

Philip Weickert

My little private www/mail server has died, so I'd like to just forward it's domain to a wix.com website I have (with a different domain name), and my mail to gmail,.
Setup looks simple enough (*.domain.com stealth to otherdomain.com, and *@domain.com to myaccount@gmail.com), but it's not working.
Do I maybe need to delete my A Records? (since they point to an IP address that no longer has a functioning www server on it?)
Thanx.
P.S. It says to allow 5 minutes, but it's been more like an hour.
P.P.S. If somebody in ZoneEdit support staff looks at this, the domain I'm working on is keywestdjs.com. I'll do my other one's the same way once I get this one working.

Last edited:

zesupport

Staff member
Hello,

Yes, you will need to delete the old DNS records that are no longer required.
If you would like me to check the settings- please let me know the domain name.

zesupport

Staff member
Also, the root record (@) needs to go to the same destination as the wildcard (*) record.
And delete the www. record or specify it to go to same destiantion.

Philip Weickert

The domain name I'm working on right now is keywestdjs.com, i want to stealth all web hits to keywestdjsandmusicians.com and all mail to flipferrari@gmail.com.
If you could do that one for me, that would be great, and I'll do my other ones exactly the same way.
Thank You!!

Philip Weickert

Hello,

Yes, you will need to delete the old DNS records that are no longer required.
If you would like me to check the settings- please let me know the domain name.

The domain name I'm working on right now is keywestdjs.com, i want to stealth all web hits to keywestdjsandmusicians.com and all mail to flipferrari@gmail.com.
If you could do that one for me, that would be great, and I'll do my other ones (kwest.net and kwest-productions.com) exactly the same way, and kwtn.com the same way, but to someplace else.

Thank You!!

Philip Weickert

OK, so I just deleted the A records for domainname.com and www.domainname.com, as well as the CNAME records ftp., mail., pop3., and smtp., and also created a stealth record for @ (along with the one I had for *). Is that right?

So now ftp, mail, pop3, and smtp all stealth forward to the proper place, but www and just domainname.com still don't work (browser still says 'connection refused', so I guess it's going to my IP, but there's no server there to respond). Just have to wait for domain servers to update?

Last edited:

Philip Weickert

Getting there. All the web stuff is working (when I changed computers, I guess my primary's browser was caching the old dns IP, even when I hit refresh).
But still not getting any mail........

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
as you are forwarding to a gmail address.. if you are sending from the gmail address you are forwarding to the message will not be received... its a known issue where gmail loops those particular messages... s well on gmail on the left side bar click the More link then select the All Mail option to be sure mail is not being filtered.

thanks
sandy

Philip Weickert

as you are forwarding to a gmail address.. if you are sending from the gmail address you are forwarding to the message will not be received... its a known issue where gmail loops those particular messages... s well on gmail on the left side bar click the More link then select the All Mail option to be sure mail is not being filtered.

thanks
sandy
Thanx Sandy, that was it. I had it set up properly, gmail just wouldn't let me send a test to myself.
It's all good and you guys are the bomb!