My domain was deleted without notice

felipe1982

I have a domain which was in "PENDING" status in zonedit's DNS section. It was using 1 of my 5 FREE credits. DNS was currently hosted with another provider, and I was in the middle of getting all of the zone info for that domain from the current provider, with the intention of moving it all to zoneedit.

Suddenly, I received an email that the domain had been deleted from zoneedit control panel. I was given no notice or warning of any kind!

1) why was there no warning?
2) why was the domain deleted?
3) is it against the terms to have a domain in PENDING status for too long?

Thanks,

Felipe

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

the domain should be back in your account now... it was an error on a cleaner script but no down time resulted. If the domain name is not back in your account can you please let me know the domain name of concern

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

thanks
sandy

felipe1982

The domain is freshcomputers,com,au and does not appear in my list. Couuld you please investigate?

What is the cleanup script checking for? What does it cleanup, and when? Obviously sensitive information, I know, but I would like to better understand what steps I need to take to avoid/prevent this in the future.

Thanks.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
the clean up script removed domains pending zoneedit nameserver delegation that were set to pending for over 60 days.
your domain name is not yet delegated:

whois freshcomputers,com,au
Domain Name: freshcomputers.com.au
Last Modified: 13-Aug-2015 03:33:37 UTC
Registrar Name: Web Address Registration

Registrant: FRESH COMPUTER SYSTEMS PTY. LTD.
Registrant ID: ABN 68011029360
Eligibility Type: Company

Registrant Contact ID: R-013199651-SN
Registrant Contact Name: Brian Bower
Registrant Contact Email: Visit whois.ausregistry.com.au for Web based WhoIs

Tech Contact ID: C-005644451-SN
Tech Contact Name: Jadon Smith
Tech Contact Email: Visit whois.ausregistry.com.au for Web based WhoIs

Name Server: ns1.syrahost.com
Name Server: ns2.syrahost.com
Name Server: ns5.syrahost.com
Name Server: ns6.syrahost.com

did you want to use zoneedit for the domains dns services?

thanks
sandy

felipe1982

Yes I want to use zoneedit. As I mentioned in my first post I was in the process of getting all the zone data from syrahost to migrate to zoneedit, when suddently the domain was deleted.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
You can add the domain name back via the add a domain link on the left side bar and your account still has free dns slots available, If you can reply once zoneedit nameservers have been delegated I can make sure the service is marked as active.

thanks
sandy