Mailmap outage?

Acid Test John

Emails going via ZoneEdit are getting bounced. Or at least they're not getting through to the mail server at iinet. Has the ZoneEdit mail server been blacklisted again?

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. Yes, it appears our mailforwarders were RBLed again at Spamhaus. We have successfully requested delisting, so email should start working again quite soon.

Acid Test John

Hello again. I'm not seeing my emails which are routed via Zone Edit coming through to the iinet.net.au mail server. Is the ZoneEdit email server blacklisted? I've tried looking at spamhaus for myself and can't tell.

Acid Test John

Thanks for getting back to me Sandy. Nothing is coming through yet. My domain is acidtest.com.au and email normally goes through to mailboxes at my ISP iinet.net.au. Something similar happened around the end of May. Apparently that was due to the zoneedit mail server being blacklisted. Nothing's been changed with my setting in the meanwhile.

Acid Test John

Hello Sandy. Whatever magic you have performed has done the job. There was a huge deluge of emails in my in-box when I woke up this morning. And I've seen more come in since, so all's well. Out of interest, what was the issue?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi again iinet.net.au had blocked us... we submitted a delist request.

regards.

Acid Test John

Sorry to bother you again. Are you able to tell if iinet.net.au has just blocked ZoneEdit's email server again? This is getting to be a bit too regular with them. I'm seriously considering changing to another ISP.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi again yes. it was. for some reason this does happen more frequently with .au ISPs. regards

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
its caused by the reports of spam.... and they are unfounded as we forward mail and are not the original sender.

Acid Test John

I'll
hi again iinet.net.au had blocked us... we submitted a delist request.

regards.
I'll do the same. I've got emails relating to my next job that are held up which I need to read as a matter of urgency. I'll include your point about not being the originator. It's interesting to note that I've used the mail mapping service without problem for at least 15 years without problem, and had three blockages in 3 months. iiNet are getting over exuberant with their blacklisting. It may be time to change ISP's, once I've got all my emails up to date.

egrus

Hi, I am not receiving mail forwards on my domain...I have a catchall and only some of them are getting through. I just tested. Please help... they're forwarded to my gmail, if that makes a difference. Why only some of them would be blocked is beyond me...it doesn't seem to follow any logic.

Last edited:

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
there is an issue with iinet blocking our mailservers,. We have submitted several delist requests.

regards.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
The issue is the ISP IINET, they are blocking all our mailserver IPs and have not responded to any queries from ourselfs or their customers.