Mail forwarding delayed since Thursday March 17th

Jeroen

Hi, I am experiencing a delay in the mailforwarding for my domain at zoneedit.
It looks like each second email is forwarded with a delay of 1 hour.

I am using the following 2 dns servers
ns7.zoneedit.com
ns9.zoneedit.com

Can somebody check the infra please.

Ian Broster

Is this something to do with SPF failures?

Received-SPF: fail (google.com: domain of ianb@xx.com does not designate 23.27.50.10 as permitted sender) client-ip=23.27.50.10;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=fail (google.com: domain of ianb@xx.com does not designate 23.27.50.10 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=ianb@xx.com; dkim=pass header.i=@xx.com
Received: from mail.xx.com (mail.xx.com [xx])
(using TLSv1.2 with cipher AECDH-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)) (No client
certificate requested) by mailfwd1.zoneedit.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id
2F8E02787689 for <ian@x.co.uk>; Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:06:08 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by mail.xx.com
(Postfix) with ESMTP id 05081B400CF for <ian@xx.co.uk>; Fri, 18 Mar 2016
18:06:02 +0000 (GMT)

Ian Broster

This is really frustrating..some more ideas.

Perhaps google (in my case, the final recipient) is "rate limiting" emails that don't have proper SPF pass. Perhaps the domain is receiving lots of spam which zoneedit is dutifully fowarding to google. Or perhaps it's the combined effect of all domain's spam being forwarded through the same server has ended up with zoneedit's mail forward servers being blacklisted/rate limited.

Ian Broster

I've set up a forwarder to a different final destination, and mails go through fast. I think this is google rate limiting, not zoneedit holding up the traffic.

Jeroen

Nothing of this. This is an issue at zoneedit taht I have experienced before. Once every 2 years this occurs and takes a few weeks to resolve.
Really irritating, even some mail is bounced back to the sender. It looks like there are 2 mail servers where 1 is working fine, and the other is broken. The queue that is created because of that is transferred to the other email server after 1 hour after which it delivers in normal speed.

It has nothing to do with google, as I see that both email to google and hotmail is delayed or bounced.

Ian Broster

Hotmail might be doing the same as google?
I can confirm that forwarding to my work address works absolutely fine, whereas forwarding to gmail does not.

Damon Brodie

I created an account here because of the same problem. I've had email forwarding for a few domains going to two different gmail accounts and one domain/email combo is working, but the other domain to gmail account is not working. Does zoneedit have active support?