Looking for Managed DNS

silverlittle2020

Hi All, I am looking for DNS management to handle few domain names.

Currently those domain name I have is hosted at few servers as website with IP pointed to another difference DNS.
All the domain name is with difference Registrar.

Now I plan to get a managed DNS to handle all my domain name DNS records, email MX SPF records, IP pointing, create sub-domain.. ?

May I know what kind service do you have and can recommend to me? Thanks.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there. all our services are the same DNS wise.... new accounts can use one zone file for free but can only have it delegated to 2 zoneedit nameservers. paid DNS zones can delegate three zoneedit nameservers and paid accounts also have access to our support ticketing system. is there anything in particular you are interested in?

regards

silverlittle2020

Hi Sir, Thanks for the reply.
(i) Can I customize the nameservers ?
(ii) Do I need another server to store your Zone File ? As I understand from other provider, they wanted me to get a server first before buy the DNS management, just purely to manage the zonefile.

Please advise me as I am quite newbie about this. Thank You.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. Name servers cannot be customized (meaning you cannot change the host names of the name servers to host names based on your domain name(s) (also known as vanity name servers) and you do not need to get a server first since you would use our name servers for DNS purposes.

silverlittle2020

Hi , Thanks for your explanation. Currently few of my domain name is under difference registrar but all are managed under Zoneedit nameservers. Due to the zoneedit login is handled by other person , I am planning to get my own zoneedit login to manage all the domain names. May I know how to do it and how is the charges ? How to transfer the domain names into my own login after I get a new subscription from zoneedit ? Thanks.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
do you have access to the current account the domain names are in or if not will the account holder assist with the domain moves to your account?

regards.

silverlittle2020

I only have the domain name registrar login. While the zoneedit dns management holded by other person. I might get him to do the transfer to my zoneedit account in future. But how is the process to do it ? Thanks.

silverlittle2020

By moving the domain name from zoneedit login a to login b,is there any charges required?
I read something about credit . Do i need to renew my account every year ? What does the credits do ?

silverlittle2020

Hi , DNS per domain name costs 1 credit per month. Means if I have 10 domain names (.com/.cn/.my..etc), i have to pay 10 domain name x 12 month = 120 credits?

What about subdomain creation for each domain name and IP pointing for all the domain names ? Is there any charges ?

Also the MX records , SPF records for emails .. any charges ? Thanks.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. Subdomain management is included with each domain name. No charge for that. No additional charges for MX records, TXT records (through which SPF ad DKIM can be set up), etc.

silverlittle2020

Hello, Now I will add in a new domain name (already purchased with another registrar) to park at Zoneedit with Free DNS service, may I know how to do it in proper way ? Do I need change my Domain nameserver from the domain name controller ? How to know what are the nameserver I need change ? Thank You.