IP registration fails in the morning (CET)

NWeytens

Every morning my Synology DS414 registers my external IP here at ZE. But the past 3-4 weeks my NAS notifies me:
System failed to register the external IP address x.x.x.x to xyz.domain.com in DDNS server Zoneedit.com. The reported reason is [The DDNS server is temporarily out of service. Please contact the service provider.].

My DS414, switch & router are on a timer. Everything's switched off a little after midnight, and every morning at 6:30 (CET) the timer comes back on. I delay the boot of my DS414 with 15mins to give the router plenty of time to make a proper DSL connection. That typically takes 2-3mins.
Even booting 25mins after the router came online doesn't change a thing. So I don't think it's a connectivity problem.

It does seem only to be a issue in the morning though. On Sunday I rebooted my NAS in the afternoon, yesterday I tried a cold boot around noon, and for both tests the registration at ZoneEdit went just fine.

Any problems I should be aware of?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hmmm... that sure does seem strange.. I cannot think of anything of hand that would cause that... would you be able to modify the timer to try an hour earlier or later to help diagnose the issue?

thanks
sandy