Favicon.ico 404 Not Found problem with stealth forwarding

Johnathan

I'm using stealth forwarding, and my favicon.ico does not show up on the browser tab. If I inspect the page it shows I'm getting a 404 Not Found error
from NGINX for that file, but I am running Apache. If I load the page with IP address: port instead of using the domain name then the image shows up on the tab and I get no error.

I have this line <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="LP_Icon.png">

Despite this line it still looks for favicon.ico, which is also present in the root.

How can I fix this?

zeadmin

Administrator
Staff member
I was able to replicate the issue, I have reported this to our developers and will respond shortly.

zeadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
Our developers added the ability to add in the link to the favicon file so it can used that on the new stealth forward page it creates.
Click Edit beside the Stealth record-
Meta Type: select NAME
Name: give it a name
Content: place the favicon image file link ie) http://www.cbc.ca/favicon.ico

best,
Sarah

zesupport

Staff member
Hello,
The record you added is not valid- you cant add an IP into a URL forwarding. It has to go to an actual website, then you can edit the settings I posted to add in the favicon, via the link to the image file on the actual site.
HOST STEALTH URL TTL SETTINGS
reverenddanarchives.com

zesupport

Staff member
I can see the IP working, but its not how it should be set.
Also, you need to add in the actual link to where the favicon lives on the actual server link for the facivon so it can link it.

Johnathan

In Chrome I loaded the page, then went to 'view page source', and saved all that to a text file as testframe1.html.
I opened the file with Chrome and the page loaded without the favicon.

Then I added the line <link rel="icon" href="http://47.147.167.55:1960/favicon.ico"> before the <META> statements,
and saved it as testframe2.html. When I open this with Chrome then the favicon shows.

The files are attached. Can you add that line the way I did?

Attachments

• testframes.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 0

zesupport

Staff member
Hello,

Apologies, the name of the favicon needed to be faviconlink. I have updated that for you and its now working