Email to add Credits on my Legacy FreeDNS domains

lkrawczyk

Got an email this morning that I've run out of credits for my 2 Legacy FreeDNS domains. I checked the invoices but have nothing to pay on. The links on the email are all valid and it even included the correct user name. I had one domain that was a pay DNS but I've deactivated it and it wasn't included in the email.
The 2 FreeDNS domains are amhealthgroup.com and myahg.com. Is this a glitch? Thanks.

zeadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

It seems both domains have a 'Tertiary DNS' addon which is active and is what's causing the credit notices. You have the option of leaving the addon as is and purchasing credits for the account or removing this for both domains.

lkrawczyk

Hello,

It seems both domains have a 'Tertiary DNS' addon which is active and is what's causing the credit notices. You have the option of leaving the addon as is and purchasing credits for the account or removing this for both domains.
Thank you. How can I tell which is the tertiary? I looked at both domains. The common name servers are ns18 and ns19. amhealthgroup.com also has t2 (labeled as "default") and ns9, while myahg.com has only ns17 (no server is labeled "default"). What will be left if I do nothing on both?

zeadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

All our tertiary servers will have 't' in the formatting. If you look at the NS Records for both domains you can see both
t1.zoneedit.com and t2.zoneedit.com specified. Also, note that tertiary servers are only active if you delegate to them within the domain's registrar. If you'd like to no longer use the servers you'll want to delete them from the registrar along with removing the feature from your ZoneEdit account.

lkrawczyk

Ok. I see the t1 on myahg.com now. Strange I didn't see it when I looked before. How many credits do I need to buy for both domains for how much money, and how long do the credits last?

Thanks.

zeadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

The tertiary server add-on is 1 credit/month/per domain. Please see the attachment for pricing.

Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 9.22.09 AM.png