Email forwarding stopped working

Kevin D

I have my email forwarded from the abundantlife.com to my verizon.net account but on 9/11 it stopped working. I haven't received any emails since then. I have a free zone edit legacy account. my user name is kdunham. I can recieve an email when it is sent to my verizon.net account but not when I use any of the forwarded address (theabundantlife)

Kevin D

Never mind. Zone edit was fine while it lasted. I just switched all of my forwarding through go daddy. They have phone support and it was nice not having to post to a forum and HOPE someone will see it and reply. It has been almost 30 minutes with no reply. Someone at GoDaddy answered immediately a walked me through how to switch over. So, I know you won't miss me since I was a free account, but i think how you treat your free accounts says a lot about how you treat all accounts. Sorry to say it, but ZONEEDIT, you will NOT be missed.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kevin.

I am sorry we did not have the chance to support the error you were receiving.
Would you like me to delete the domain from your zoneedit account and delete the account as well?

thanks.
sandy

Jamie Moorby

I'm having the same problem. I have email forwarding for the domain Glut.org. This is a business email and we use it for our internal email list as well as each of our business email addresses, it is very problematic that it doesn't work! Is it a solvable problem or do I need to move all our email management to a different service? Any Ideas? Sandy 0r others?

Kevin D

I'm having the same problem. I have email forwarding for the domain Glut.org. This is a business email and we use it for our internal email list as well as each of our business email addresses, it is very problematic that it doesn't work! Is it a solvable problem or do I need to move all our email management to a different service? Any Ideas? Sandy 0r others?

I would check with the domain provider and see if they offer forwarding as part of your domain. Go Daddy does and so I just switched over to their forwarding service and I was up and running instantly. I didn't have to post to a forum to get answers. I talked to someone immediately on the phone and they helped me out. You don't know how good a business really is until something goes wrong and you need their help.

Jamie Moorby

Thanks Kevin! Sadly I inherited this domain and email system from someone and it's all set up poorly! The domain is registered with NetworkSolutions, which charges $1.42 per email address per month! I'm currently looking into switching Everything to GoDaddy, but in the meantime thought I'd see if tech support here could help.... probably wishful thinking! If I can get it working again here, I might leave it here for a while because it has worked for the last 15+ years w/ no problems until now...

Kevin D

Thanks Kevin! Sadly I inherited this domain and email system from someone and it's all set up poorly! The domain is registered with NetworkSolutions, which charges $1.42 per email address per month! I'm currently looking into switching Everything to GoDaddy, but in the meantime thought I'd see if tech support here could help.... probably wishful thinking! If I can get it working again here, I might leave it here for a while because it has worked for the last 15+ years w/ no problems until now...

Mine worked perfectly also until last week. The problem is there isn't tech support here. :-( Go Daddy gives me 100 email address forwards as part of my 9.99/ year!

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jamie.

your domain name Glut.org is not set to use any zoneedit service. The nameservers delegated are:
Name Server:NS1.WORDPRESS.COM
Name Server:NS2.WORDPRESS.COM
Name Server:NS3.WORDPRESS.COM

and those servers do not have an MX record for the domain name.

host -t mx Glut.org
Glut.org has no MX record

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

thanks
sandy

Jamie Moorby

hmmm. is there a way to both have glut.org point at the wordpress.com site (which is where our website is) and still use zone edit for email management? I'm quite new to all this....

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
You can add mx-caprica.zoneedit.com. as the primary mailserver on the zone file you have at the current DNS provider.

thanks
sandy