Email forwarding stopped working

DanC2

I have been using email forwarding for years but it stopped working Thursday 9/28. Could I get some assistance to resolve this problem?

I didn't change my mailmaps, but no messages sent to my domain don't get to the destination inbox. I tried changing the destination address earlier today to find out if the destination server started to reject forwarded emails. After changing the destination address (from att.net to gmail.com), one email sent to my domain d c h i b a dot c o m got forwarded and arrived to the new destination address at gmail.com as I expected, so I thought the problem was the server at att.net refusing forwarded emails, but a few subsequent test emails I sent to my domain didn't get to my inbox. I don't know where the emails are going, they just don't get to the recipient's inbox and I don't receive any error response from a server. Meanwhile, those directly sent to the forwarded addresses before and after the change of destination address get to the destination inbox just fine. My domain registration is valid through May 2030.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Dan
p.s. I registered this forum account using my account at att.net first, but the email address confirmation message didn't arrive. Trying again didn't work, so I tried registering using my gmail address, but the confirmation email didn't arrive to my Gmail account, either. If I send a test message to att.net or gmail, it works just fine. I don't know if this has to do with the problem of mailmaps, but I couldn't confirm my email address for this forum account.

DanC2

Hi, I wanted to update that my gmail inbox started to receive my emails. The confirmation email for this forum registration delayed but did arrive and I was able to confirm with my gmail address.

I suspect that ATT.net email server somehow decided to refuse processing my forwarded messages. Please reply if somebody can tell me what was going on, whether my conjecture is true or false. I would appreciate any information about this incident as I would like to know what went wrong and if I need to really switch to Gmail. I plan to continue investigation to find out if ATT.net email can no longer receive forwarded emails.

Regards,
Dan

zeadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Dan,

It seems the ATT is currently blocking our mailmap servers and our team has reached out to them to get delisted. The mailmaps should begin to forward again once this has been completed.

Regards,

ZoneEdit Support

antigeek

I had the same issue starting Thursday, 09/28.
I was redirecting to @sbcglobal.net (AT&T Yahoo as well).
Thought the issue was ZoneEdit until I found that other forwards were going to my wife's Apple account.
Good a time as any to get away from AT&T Yahoo's mixed authentication and regular emails telling me to use their ad-filled app.
Forwarding to Gmail now.

I thank you for your original post. It got me on the trail to understand the issue I was having.

DanC2

Thank you so much ZoneEdit admin for the prompt assistance! I'm glad to hear that the real problem is getting fixed and this post helped antigeek.

I am on the fence if I switch over to Gmail. I think having both options to stay at ATT or switch is very cool. Really appreciate ZoneEdit for providing this great functionality and the top notch service!