Email delays or no delivery

Radarz

Some time ago I reported some delays with emails being re-directed to my both GMail and TPG email addresses. I have been deep in discussion with TPG re this problem and they have asked me to see if you can see if emails are being bounced from being delivered to tads1981@tpg.com.au. I have mailmaps for radar1@radarz.id.au and trevor.smith@radarz.id.au to both GMail (radarz1981@gmail.com) and TPG (tads1981@tpg.com.au) and they are getting delivered to GMail almost immediately however some emails are significantly delayed to the tpg inbox (some 24Hrs +) and some dont get delivered at all. The mailmap for my wifes mailmap (deidre@radarz.id.au to ds111961@tpg.com.au) seems to be working fine. Please advise.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello Radarz,

TPG has been known to block our forwarding server occasionally. We'll check our logs to see if there were any delivery issues.

I'll let you know what we find.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Checking over the last few days, we're not seeing any delays with the delivery, but that can also be confirmed by the headers of these messages you say came in delayed.

There are two sites I use to parse headers of emails:

and

The headers are going to contain the timestamps of each server that handled the message and should show where the delay occurred. I'd be interested in knowing what you find.

Radarz

Thanks Chris. Looks llike TPG are the delay or is it shunt02.easydns.com, however that does not explain the ones that are not delivered at all. I currently have 11 emails in GMail that have not been delivered to my TPG Inbox. The above header is just one example of a delay.

I have had issues with TPG before and they always seem unable to find/solve the problem.

Last edited:

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Yes, that delay was a result of TPG blocking mx-caprica.zoneedit.com. A shunt is put in place when we receive reports that a provider is blocking our primary mail server (after we search to find what caused it). In this case, the email was delivered by shunt02 to get the messages through.

===

The problem with reporting that emails are not being received is that we have no idea which email you're referring to. We need specific details regarding a message that you claim wasn't delivered/received.

- Exact date and timestamps
- From and To address

We search our outbound logs to see if it was blocked, bounced, or delivered using that detailed info. Blocked or bounce, easy enough to let you know. If the recipient host accepted the message, there isn't much more we can do to tell you why it wasn't delivered. One of the more common reasons is that the email was marked as spam and put into a different spam/junk folder. However, I'm sure you've already checked there in your case (more for other users that might read this).

Radarz

Thanks for that Chris. I always suspected TPG was the problem. I currently have 15 emails in GMail that have not been delivered to TPG and I will provide a couple of those details if that helps.

From service@paypal.com.au Sent 01 Apr 22 @ 11:13Hrs To radar1@radarz.id.au NOT RECIEVED in TPG Inbox however recieved in GMail

From eBay ebay@ebay.com Sent 01 Apr 22 @ 11:18Hrs To radar1@radarz.id.au NOT RECIEVED in TPG Inbox however recieved in GMail

From Jetstar Airways - jetstar@email.jetstar.com Sent 01 Apr 22 @ 12:29Hrs To radar1@radarz.id.au NOT RECIEVED in TPG Inbox however recieved in GMail

From Latrobe Health Services <noreply@feedback.lhs.com.au> Sent 02 Apr 22 @ 11:02Hrs To radar1@radarz.id.au NOT RECIEVED in TPG Inbox however recieved in GMail

I have stopped deleting emails when I close Outlook so I can keep track of what I did and did not recieve. The emails above are just a sample and I will continue to monitor, but its getting very frustrating. And yes I always check the SPAM or Junk before I have a winge. I had previously turned off all junk filters in TPG and also set up specific addresses to be passed to my inbox to try to resolve the problem.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Thank you. I've opened an escalation to have the logs checked for those messages you pointed out.

Radarz

Thank you. I've opened an escalation to have the logs checked for those messages you pointed out.
FYI. The emails that I have provided have always been recieved in the past, it just seems that for just over a week that they are not getting thru.

Radarz

Thanks Chris,
There does seem to be some improvement is delievry however I have still not recievd the emails in question. There are still some emails that even as late as today that I did not get.
I will pass on your log details to TPG and see what they say.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
If messages are deferred for 4 days, they are returned to the sender with an NDR (Non-Delivery Response). We can't keep them in the queue indefinitely. If those messages were automated, they likely came from an address where no one is checking for the bounces. If TPG did receive them but filtered or quarantined them, then they would be the best to check with as you're doing.

Radarz

Thanks Chris. I get what you are saying and if it continues I think I will just have to change my main mailbox to GMail. TPG seem unwill or unable to fix the problem and this is not the first time its happened.
They are still "investigating" so I will have to wait and see what they "find". Im just lucky that I have the GMail as a backup. I use GMail on my phone and TPG in Outlook.exe on my computer, thats how I picked up the problem. I am not getting emails from reputable company's like ebay, paypay, my bank, my chemist as well as a lot of company's I have signed up to get email from. Not good enough. :-( I currently have over 30 emails that have not been recieved in TPG ranging from 01 Apr to as recent as today.

While we are talking about email clients, is GMail the best option or are there other free webmail clients that work as good or better than Google. I do like Google as it is fairly secure, but if I can find something better I will give it a go. As long as I can download to Outlook on my PC I would consider it.

Thanks again for your help;)

Last edited:

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
You're welcome, Radarz.

As for Free Emails, aside from the major ones like Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook and Yahoo, you can try Protonmail.

You can give it a try and see whether it can be used as an alternative - https://protonmail.com/