E-Mail forwarding not working/slow with Comcast xFinity

Mike G.

Long time user here. The past 10-14 days - some e-mails have been either coming very slowly or not coming at all to my e-mail forward to my comcast.net e-mail address. I received an e-mail earlier today from 9 days ago. It is odd because some messages are coming right through and some are not coming at all. Is this an issue with the mail maps or with Comcast?

Thanks.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello Mike G.

We had other users forwarding to Comcast report the same thing. Checking our logs, they appeared to be blocking us or having technical difficulties.

Example:

Dec 11 05:33:33 mxc04-zpc postfix/qmgr[2720594]: 35E3A8465B: to=<********@comcast.net>, relay=none, delay=46645, delays=46645/0.01/0/0, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: host mx1a1.comcast.net[96.103.145.165] refused to talk to me: 554 resimta-a1p-087395.sys.comcast.net resimta-a1p-087395.sys.comcast.net ESMTP server not available)

We made some modifications yesterday to shunt the outbound SMTP IP, so that might have helped alleviate the situation which caused those messages in the queue to be delivered with the delay.

mmarks2

I am having this same issue primarily with Comcast.net but possibly with yahoo.com email addresses. Can you advise what we need to do to resolve this issue. I have had mail come in today from 9 days ago and other mail does not appear to show up possibly ever. Some items seem to come rapidly....... Today's date is 12/15/2023

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hi mmarks2 & anyone else on Comcast -

No blocks were found on Yahoo, but Comcast was once again deferring emails from our mailmap forwarding server. Adjustments have been made, so emails should be resuming normal delivery.