Dynamic update problem

James Theimer

Hello,

I am running the javascript client to update my prostbot.net ipaddress. When I press the start button the client status turns to ON and the Last Update bot replaces with the current date and time. The last response shows nothing and then the Client Status turns to off (I had it update only once). The video show feedback in the Last Response window. Also my IP address doesn't update on the website.

Additionally I typed
jamocle:<my auth>@dynamic.zoneedit.com/dyn/jsclient.php?rsp_ident=zoneedit&hostname=prostbot.net&wildcard=NO

into a browser and no response.
UPDATE:
After a bit of testing now it states forbidden

What could I be doing wrong? Please help

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

the URL forward on the non standard port number seems to be working at present:

is 71.121.241.7 your current IP?

and can you please change the dyn TTL to be no less than 600 seconds to avoid the too soon error.

thanks
sandy

James Theimer

Yes that is my IP address. I am testing the update. I set the IP address in your system to an IP address that's not mine. Then I try to update it through your javascript client. At first it got empyu replies and now it says forbidden. Either way the address does not change.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
I see the IP address changed from #.#.241.7 to #.#.241.8 ysterday ws that done by you manually via the dyn records area on your zoneedit members page?

sandy

James Theimer

Yes this was done by me manually. I can not update with the JS Client you provide. Nothink happens or I get a forbidden response from your servers

James Theimer

Any information on this. I just had my first IP address change last night and I had to update manually. I would really like to get this fixed

Reactions: le_

sproskin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello James.

Apologies for the delay in response to this, we've been slightly shorthanded. I'm having a look at this now.