Dynamic DNS configuration in Asus Router

dlhtox

Hello,

I have an ASUS ZenWifi AX router (shares the same interface with many Asus models) and I am trying to set up the DDNS.

I have the www.zoneedit.com dropdown selected as "Server"

I have "router.blah.net" set up in my DYN record in ZoneEdit and I have that entered for "Host Name" in the router.

I just get the "No response from the DDNS server. Please try again"

I have tried using the ZoneEdit login and password and that doesn't seem to be working and I have tried the login name and token key from the settings page here at ZoneEdit.

I'm not sure if I need "Enable Wildcard" or "Wan IP and hostname verification"

ddns-asus.png

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. Please only have one dynamic DNS record set up on your ZoneEdit account page. Either router or the root domain name and have that set up on your Asus setup page. Increase the the TTL to at least 600 seconds. Use the dynamic token, not the ZoneEdit account password.

dlhtox

Hi. Please only have one dynamic DNS record set up on your ZoneEdit account page. Either router or the root domain name and have that set up on your Asus setup page. Increase the the TTL to at least 600 seconds. Use the dynamic token, not the ZoneEdit account password.

I have changed the router.(nameremoved).net in my ZoneEdit DYN record and set the TTL to 600.

I have entered router.(nameremoved).net in my Asus DDNS page "Host Name" field and the username and token as the login.

Still no luck. I still get the message "no response from the DDNS server".

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. It looks like update requests are coming in too frequently. Wait at least 20 minutes before making the next update request.

dlhtox

I turned off using DDNS on my router and waited for about 35 minutes. I then ensured that all the settings were correct and hit "Apply".
It will sit at processing for a few minutes and then time out and say "No response from the DDNS server. Please try again."

ddns-3.png

dlhtox

I dropped "router" from the router.blah.net and it registered successfully.

However, I want to do "router.domain.net" for RDP .. it's not connecting using that.

Last edited: