Domain transferred, but host not resolving

tusabweb

I transferred the domain usarmyband.com from domain grabber to ZoneEdit this morning. The domain shows as registered with ZoneEdit in the control panel. However, I cannot reach the site (“Unknown Host”). When I click the “Whois” button in the control panel it says: "Unfortunately, we can not read the whois information for usarmyband.com from the registry right now."

I’d love to get this site back online ASAP! Thanks!

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
the domain is on Client Hold at its current registrar, Tucows and as such cannot be transferred. Please contact that registrar and make sure te domain is in a status of OK and let me know when complete and I can resubmit the transfer request

regards

tusabweb

Thank you - I finally got in touch with the current registrar. It expired a few hours before I tried to do the transfer, so I needed to renew with them to get it back online. I didn’t get expiration emails as they were going to somebody that no longer works here, so I changed my contact information with them. I then got a message saying I cannot transfer the domain for the next 60 days. Assuming that is true, I will check back here in 61 days to do the transfer.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
yes that would be true.. once the 60 days have elapsed please let me know :)

thanks and take care

tusabweb

I just heard back from the domain holder (domaingrabber) - They said the domain is pending transfer. Please re-submit the request to see if it will go through now.

tusabweb

The original registrar is unable to remove the Client Hold - so if you cannot overcome that, perhaps you can cancel the pending transfer and it would release it? Basically, he cannot get the domain back due to the “Pending Transfer” and you cannot get the domain because it is in “Client Hold” status. I am hoping you can cancel the pending transfer request which will release it back to domain grabber.

In the meantime, the domain is down, so I hope something can be done ASAP.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi again.. usarmyband.com is rtesolving for me at presaent and the status is listed as OK...

whois.verisign-grs.com

Domain Name: USARMYBAND.COM
Registry Domain ID: 105754059_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: http://www.tucows.com
Updated Date: 2021-10-30T01:34:49Z
Creation Date: 2003-10-28T20:02:38Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2022-10-28T19:02:38Z
Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 69
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: domainabuse@tucows.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4165350123
Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
Name Server: NS13.ZONEEDIT.COM
Name Server: NS9.ZONEEDIT.COM
Name Server: T2.ZONEEDIT.COM

have they made it transferable? it does look like it..

tusabweb

I ended up renewing with domaingrabber for a year. The support team at ZoneEdit cancelled the transfer request and domain grabber was able to get our site back online right away (it cleared the PendingTransfer flag on the whois). I might try to transfer the domain to ZoneEdit at another time. For now, is it possible to get a refund, or do I just have to keep the credit in my account for a possible later transfer?

Last edited:

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
you never lose the registration time the domain already has.. with a registrar transfer a year is added to the existing expiration date.

regards.