Domain name does not work

P

peanut

Hi,

My domain name: puppylinuxfaq.info does not work.

Some years back I created a redirect at my host to point to puppylinuxfaq.info as an addon domain. Recently I noticed that puppylinuxfaq.info does not work. I went to the registrar and changed the name servers from zoneedit to my hosting companies domain name servers. That did not help so I logged in at zoneedit. First I deleted the old address / domain name servers for puppylinuxfaq.info and when that didn’t fix the problem I deleted the account / zone. It has been several days and puppylinuxfaq.info still does not work. How do I fix this?

SarahP

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Until the domain is using ZoneEdit name servers- I can not test:

Also the domain needs to have a ZoneEdit account set up.

Domain Name: PUPPYLINUXFAQ.INFO

Registry Domain ID: D30484057-LRMS

Registrar WHOIS Server:

Registrar URL: www.enom.com

Updated Date: 2017-10-06T19:56:01Z

Creation Date: 2009-11-21T22:54:35Z

Registry Expiry Date: 2017-11-21T22:54:35Z

Registrar Registration Expiration Date:

Registrar: eNom, Inc.

Registrar IANA ID: 48

Registrar Abuse Contact Email:

Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:

Reseller:

Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok

Registry Registrant ID: C117339424-LRMS

Name Server: NS1.ASMALLORANGE.COM

Name Server: NS2.ASMALLORANGE.COM

SarahP

Administrator
Staff member
I can not ascertain why another providers name servers are not working- if you delegate back to Zone Edit and create an account for puppylinuxfaq.info and add the DNS record I can then test it for you.

P

peanut

In my zoneedit panel I have set the DNS to @ and local. I am not sure what that does.

It still says server not found when I visit.

SarahP

Administrator
Staff member
You need to apply our name servers at the Registrar account- Enom

Currently your name servers are:

Go to the Registrar and change them to:

• dns1.zoneedit.com
  • dns2.zoneedit.com

P

peanut

I did not make myself clear. I want to stop using zoneedit for this DN. I want to be able to use my host DNS and my registrar. I only did what you asked because I thought it might help diagnosis the problem. So my question is how do I get zoneedit to release my DN so I can manage it myself?

SarahP

Administrator
Staff member
If you are not using ZE name servers- then you are disconnected form Zone Edit. The domain is not registered with Zone Edit.
If your domain is not working on another provider's servers- you will need to contact that provider for diagnosis.

P

peanut

Please tell me how do I get zoneedit to release my DN so I can manage it myself? Is there something I must delete in ZE panel?

SarahP

Administrator
Staff member
Zone Edit is in no way connected to your domain now that you are not using the Zone Edit name servers.

P

peanut

Who has priority control over the name servers for puppylinuxfaq.info Is it namecheap (aka parent company Enom) or zoneedit?

P

peanut

Shall I delete the information that I added in my ZE panel for puppylinuxfaq.info?

P

peanut

I forgot to ask. Would deleting my ZE account let me regain control of my DNS at my registrar?

SarahP

Administrator
Staff member
Whatever issue is happening to your domain -- it is not due to Zone Edit.
Zone Edit has nothing to do with the Registrar account. If you need help at the registrar level- you need to contact that Registrar.

P

peanut

I will contact the registrar again but they do not seem to know what's wrong which is why I came here.

SarahP

Administrator
Staff member
Contact your DNS provider: