dns queries per month

Idlewild

Hi,
I am a legacy free dns user with 2 domains.
We had a bit of a blip last night which prompted me logging in and noticing the changes to the site.
When looking at the free dns features now (home page not logged in) it states 250000 dns queries a month.
However, when logged in and I click on the "Get Support" option, it states the following:
"Higher DNS query quotas (3 million queries/month for legacy users vs 1 million for legacy free users)"

Can you confirm that the 250000 is only for new freedns users, and legacy free dns is infact 1million?

Also, if we wanted to move to a paid dns service, is it as simply as purchasing credits? At that point are the freedns services converted to paid? If so, what would happen if the credits ran out, would it revert to legacy freedns or stop functioning?

Thanks

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

let me check that for you and get back once I know for sure if legacy free zones have 250K or 1 million.

thanks
sandy

Idlewild

hi there

let me check that for you and get back once I know for sure if legacy free zones have 250K or 1 million.

thanks
sandy
Hi sandy,
Do you have any more information on this yet? Also any answers for the transition to paid I asked?
Thanks in advance :)

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Newly added Free dns zones get 250k and legacy Free DNS zones get 1 million.

thanks
sandy