DNS A records

Andrew Pitman

Hi there,

I don't know if this can be done but what I want to do is I host several domain with another host, my gaming domain is hosted with the same people, so what I want to do is forward is the teamspeak traffic to my server located at home.

I have a dynamic IP and I have added an A record which is ts.mydomain.co.uk point at my IP, is it possible to forward that A record to a zonedit update tool like other dns forward companies have?

I have been searching around for a low cost solution to this, if anyone can help me out that would be great thanks.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Andrew.

Not entirely sure I understand your description.. do you mean that you are looking for a simple Dynamic DNS solution to point your host records to the current IP assigned to you and to have that host record
automatically updated when the IP changes?

thanks
sandy

Andrew Pitman

Hi Sandy,

I will try to explain a bit better

I have a domain name called dragonlore.eu which is hosted at my host for a website

I want a subdomain ts.dragonlore.eu pointing to my IP at home as I host a teamspeak server

I have a dynamic IP and what I am trying to do is the A record for ts.dragonlore.eu points to my IP but when it changes people wont be able to connect so I wanted to use some dynamic dns update tool, so when my IP changes the A record will forward to the the update tool and people will be able to still connect.

Problem is I don't even know if this can be done

I hope this is a bit clearer for you

Kind Regards
Andrew