Disable backup MX -- can't submit a support ticket!

Ron Isaacson

Hello,

I have a legacy free domain, but I bought credits and have been using your backup MX service. Now I'd like to stop using that service. I removed your server's MX entry several months ago, but I still get monthly e-mails that it's consuming credits. I can't find any place in the domain settings to turn it off.

So I tried submitting a support ticket, but I got a reply back that only paid users can submit support tickets, and users of free domains must use the forums. That doesn't sound right though... the fact that I have a credit balance means I am a paying user, despite this being a free domain!

In any case... can anyone help get the backup MX service turned off? Thank you!

- Ron

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ron.

I do not see your ticket in the support queue. Has it been taken care of?

thanks
sandy

Ron Isaacson

Hi Sandy,

No, it hasn't! I wasn't able to submit a support ticket! I tried but got an auto-response that because my account is unpaid, I'm not allowed to submit support tickets. But I have paid credits in my account (purchased a long time ago, before the acquisition) so I think this is a bug in your ticketing system. I think my credit balance should allow me to submit support tickets, even on a legacy free domain.

Can you help, either with just turning off the backup MX, or giving me access to submit tickets? Thank you!

- Ron

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ron.

perhaps you missed the reply .. your support request reached us as ticket ID 15336.
back up MX was removed and 4 credits added back to the account :)

thanks
sandy

Ron Isaacson

Ah, ok, thank you very much! I still think there's something going on with your ticketing system though... I never got a ticket number, and I never got a reply. I logged in, clicked Get Support, and entered the request details. Then I got an e-mail starting with "Greetings Zoneedit User, We have moved to a community support approach for all free users of the system" and instructions to enter the request via the forums. I never got any more e-mails after that.

Thank you for taking care of it though! Happy new year! :)

- Ron

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ron

perhaps the reply went into a junk or spam filter?

thanks
sand

siriusnz

I've just had the same problem trying to submit a support request - I got the same "Greetings Zoneedit User, We have moved to a community support approach for all free users of the system" email as Ron described above - and nothing else with a ticket number.

(edit: I'm also a paid user)

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Siriusnz.

We will be updating that verbiage soon. If you are a paid user we would have received your support ticket. I do not see it in the active queue.. has it been responded too already?

thanks
sandy