Can log into account, however, can not change DNS settings

michaelshiloh

Hello,

I am a longtime user of Zoneedit. I logged in today to change a DNS URL redirect and the following occurred:

1. Log in to zonedit.com. Arrive at the "Member Home" page. I see my three domains.

2. I select "DNS" in the domain of interest and receive:

ZoneEdit - Control Panel Login
error_bar.gif

No access
You do not have authorization to access this part of the site.

and I am presented with a login screen.

3. I login at this screen with the very same credentials

4. I am presented with the "DNS Settings" screen for this domain

5. I am able to make a change in the "Points At" field of the desired redirect

6. I press the green "Next" button

7. Once again I receive "No access You do not have authorization to access this part of the site." and a login screen.

8. I login at this screen with the very same credentials

9. I am presented with the "
Domain Administration" screen which shows all of my domains.

10. If I select any domain, I am again told that I have no access and the cycle repeats.

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Michael

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hi Michael,

Do you know if your internet connection has more than 1 IP which it uses? It sounds a bit like your IP might change be changing mid session which will cause the system to log you out.

If that's the case then you can try disabling the security check via the Preferences menu (link can be found in the left-hand menu). Scroll to the bottom of the preferences page:

Security & Authentication
If you are experiencing issues staying logged in because you are using frequently changing IP addresses you can disable IP checks for your account at the cost of degraded safety precautions.
Anyone enabling this preference for their account it is HIGHLY RECOMMENEDED that you enable an ACL and 2FA authentication to protect your account from hijacking!

*ONLY SELECT THIS OPTION IF ADVISED BY OUR STAFF TO DO SO!*
Disable Session IP Checks: (set it to yes)

Hopefully, you can reach that area and select the option and click 'done' at the bottom. See if that helps.

michaelshiloh

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your quick reply. That indeed solved my problem. I don't know whether my internet connection has more than one IP address, but I am in a foreign country which has a national firewall, so it's very conceivable that the IP address check will fail.

I selected that option momentarily to make my change, and then immediately changed it back.

Thanks again for your quick response and useful answer.

Michael