Can I transfer a domain to Zoneedit?

Timbertoe

I have had a domain registered for 10 or more years, but have never needed or had a Website. I have only and still only need it for some email. We have the entries here on Zoneedit to get the mail forwarded to a personal gmail account. The domain name is one that I doubt anyone else would ever want, so I hesitate to pay money to the entity through whom we registered it in the past. They are sending me notices that it is time to renew. Do I need to transfer it to Zoneedit or do I simply just quit paying for it?

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. To keep the domain name working - and the email you have associated with it - you do need to renew registration. You can do so by transferring registration to ZoneEdit if you don't wish to renew through the current registrar. Click the SWITCH REGISTRAR link on your ZoneEdit account page to start the process.

Bob Smith

Hello. To keep the domain name working - and the email you have associated with it - you do need to renew registration. You can do so by transferring registration to ZoneEdit if you don't wish to renew through the current registrar. Click the SWITCH REGISTRAR link on your ZoneEdit account page to start the process.

Can I transfer the zone to Zoneedit and renew if the domain expired recently (as in the last month?)

El.

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on the domain name TLD, how long it's been expired, and your current registrar's policies regarding transfers of expired domain names, but it's possible. Reply with the domain name and we can give you a more exact answer.

Bob Smith

It depends on the domain name TLD, how long it's been expired, and your current registrar's policies regarding transfers of expired domain names, but it's possible. Reply with the domain name and we can give you a more exact answer.

I sent you a private message with the info. Please let me know.

Thanks
Bob