Mail maps not working

Acid Test John

My mail mapping / forwarding from my domain acidtest.com.au, via the Zoneedit mail server to iinet.net.au isn't working again. Previously you've been able to successfully give iiNet a nudge to unblock things so that emails go through. Are you able to do that again?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
I noticed that both IPs for caprica, 64.68.198.23 and 64.68.198.24, have been blacklisted.

Depending on what "Blacklists" you're referring to, our IPs could be listed in places where it doesn't impact mail delivery. If you're referring to something like Backscatter, we've been listed there for years. You have to pay to be removed, and we aren't going to pay only to be listed again. If it's a legitimate blacklist, we'll contact them to request delisting as soon as possible.

The most common blocking is by AU ISPs who have strict rules. Users report emails as spam that they receive through their mailmap forwarding, which causes the ISP to block us, even though we're just the relay. Why don't we block spam? We do. We block a lot of spam but can't block spam that is using legitimate sources to send their payload. I'm referring to compromised mailboxes that've had their passwords hacked and are now sending spam through your mailmaps.

jwh107

Depending on what "Blacklists" you're referring to, our IPs could be listed in places where it doesn't impact mail delivery. If you're referring to something like Backscatter, we've been listed there for years. You have to pay to be removed, and we aren't going to pay only to be listed again. If it's a legitimate blacklist, we'll contact them to request delisting as soon as possible.

The most common blocking is by AU ISPs who have strict rules. Users report emails as spam that they receive through their mailmap forwarding, which causes the ISP to block us, even though we're just the relay. Why don't we block spam? We do. We block a lot of spam but can't block spam that is using legitimate sources to send their payload. I'm referring to compromised mailboxes that've had their passwords hacked and are now sending spam through your mailmaps.
Thanks for the clarification.

Acid Test John

I'm about to write to iiNet in an attempt to get them to unlock emails coming through from ZoneEdit, using the IP's listed in an earlier entry. I've just discovered that there are emails from my next employer, which not reading will prevent me from starting work next Monday, and I really do not want to lose a week's pay over not being able to receive emails. Is there any I can do to expedite things from my end?

Acid Test John

Hi there, how is it working presently?

regards
Still not Sandy. Nothing's coming in. I've seen a bounce email at a friend's place which I've forwarded to the ISP. But the ISP hasn't reached out to me to say they've received the info - poor service in my view.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
The issue is the ISP IINET, they are blocking all our mail server IPs and have not responded to any queries from ourselves or their customers.

Acid Test John

The issue is the ISP IINET, they are blocking all our mail server IPs and have not responded to any queries from ourselves or their customers.
I have put gmail between ZoneEdit and iiNet who won't do anything. The setup isn't brilliant, but it works. I wish I'd thought if this earlier.

rodp

This is also an issue for me. I need to login to my account but have forgotten my password. I issue an password reset request which goes to an iinet.net.au email account, which I of course am not receiving at the moment. How can I reset my password?

rodp

I've logged a call with iinet and they're saying they can't find any blocking issues. Is there something specific I can get them to check/undo?

rodp

Just got off the phone with an iinet technical rep and he advises they are not blocking IP addresses. So where do I go from here?
Is this an iinet issue or ZoneEdit?

wevans1

Hi, Also having some issue with mail getting to Telstra Bigpond since 24/25th August

Surely it not multiple ISP?

MarkIC

Hi, Also having some issue with mail getting to Telstra Bigpond since 24/25th August

Surely it not multiple ISP?
Me too, all stopped late Thursday 24th Aug. Has been faultless for several years prior to this. Zero reply from zoneedit which is disappointing and have bought credits early today to try and get some help. Still waiting........................................ Please HELP US

wevans1

Update: Well spent nearly 5 hours and 3 different technicioans at Bigpond support, the issue has been sent to next level support. 7 - 10 days wait maybe.

I have adjusted my mailmap to Live.com.au emails and Outlook.com.au domains and delivery appears to be happening, just won't happen to the bigpond domain email address.

Hope this helps people a bit.