Zoneedit dynamic DNS with Google Fiber

DynamicDog

I have been using DynDNS and just switched over to Zoneedit. I'm setting things up and have a couple of questions. With Dyn I was able to put my account login and domain name into the Google Fiber Network Box (router) and it handled everything forgoing the need to run a client - the Google Network box was the client. I chose Zoneedit because the Google router has a drop down for Zoneedit. I figured it would work the same way, but so far the router and Zoneedit are not talking to each other. This is what the router setup page looks like: networkbox.png

I made a dynamic record called home.mydomain.com as instructed in the how-to video, but it is not acquiring the IP address from the router. I also pointed the domain to the Zoneedit nameservers.

Any thoughts on what needs to done on my end to get this working?

DynamicDog

Thanks for that - the A record was not set.

What I still don't know is if the Google box will now interact correctly with the Dyn record I created. I'm surprised that Google would put a Zoneedit option in their system and not explain how to configure it. I am curious if I should use my actual Zoneedit login password or my token. When I was using DynDNS it used my main password.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. The "DYN Authentication Token" is what should be used in the password field.

DynamicDog

Thanks, I just entered that in. In the Domain/hostname field I put my domain without the www. Or do I need to put in home.mydomain.com that I created for the Zoneedit dyn record?

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. The host name should match the record you have set up for dynamic DNS on your ZoneEdit account page.