Zone transfer to ns2.afraid.org ?

aketolainen

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting ns2.afraid.org to transfer my zone toimis.to from 64.68.198.91 (xfr0.zoneedit.com).

First problem I see is that the Domain Administration/Tools/Zone File Management and Zone Export
both reply "; Transfer failed." to me. Could this be the source of my problems?

This is my zone information:

zone toimis.to

The following nameservers can be used with this domain:
  • dns1.zoneedit.com
  • dns2.zoneedit.com
  • ns2.afraid.org
Domain Administration/DNS Settings/Secondary Information/primary NS = 162.220.33.236 (t1.zoneedit.com)
Domain Administration/Integrations/Advanced/zone transfers/slave nameservers/Allow Zone Transfers = 166.88.18.58; 208.43.71.243 (dns2.zoneedit.com and ns2.afraid.org).

When looking at the messages at https://freedns.afraid.org/ I only see Last successful transfer = NO DATA
I've set 64.68.198.91 for the zone transfer server address at afraid.org.

Thanks for the service,

Aki

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there

if you want zoneedit to slave from your primary then onthe primary NS link on the DNS settings tab you wold need to add the IP address zoneedit is to slave from.
On your primary you wold need to add:

add the following IP addresses to your master nameserver ACL
In "bind" parlance:
zone "example.com" {
type master;
file "example.com.zone";
allow-transfer { 64.68.198.91/32; 64.68.198.183/32; };
also-notify { 64.68.198.91; 64.68.198.183/32; };

};

thanks
sandy

aketolainen

Hi,

No, I want to have ns2.afraid.org as my secondary server. ns1.zoneedit.com is the primary NS.
What do you think is the reason for the error messages in Domain Administration/Tools/Zone File Management and Zone Export?
Both of those say "; Transfer failed." to me.

Best regards,

Aki

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi again

Om them you would need to delete the Primary IP listed on the DNS settings tab ... primary IP link

Once complete click the domains Integrations tab .. click the zone transfers link and enter the IP address that you want to slave from zoneedit.

"
Zone Transfers

Enter the IP addresses of any third-party nameservers you wish to also slave this zone from our primary.

Enter each nameserver IP address separated by whitespaces or semi-colons, then click on the button. Only enter IP addresses. Do not enter netblocks.

Please allow 1 hour for this to take effect, then have your third party nameservers slave from:

Note: ZoneEdit uses an epoch timestamp as the SOA serial number for zone files. Please ensure that if you have a zone file on your nameserver for the domain you wish to transfer from ZoneEdit, that its SOA serial number is less than the one that is currently on our nameservers."

thanks
sandy