Using Zoneedit in conjuction with Adobe Business catalyst

Eli Geller

Hi,

I think I made a fine little mess with my domain and i'd appreciate some help.
Because I have an Adobe Creative Cloud membership, I'm entitled to host up to 5 domains using their Business Catalyst service.
I'd like to keep using Zone Edit's mail forwarding service, though.
I've set it up years ago (I've a legacy account) and it worked flawlessly since.
As I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong) just adding the business catalyst name servers on top of those of Zone Edit is not the best practice.
On Business Catalyst I can only set up an MX record to point at an email server, but Zone Edit don't provide an email server address, only the Mail Forward service.
As I understand my best practice is to have my registrar point at Zone Edit's name servers, and on Zone Edit to add an A Record pointing to my address on Business Catalyst.
That way people searching for my domain will get to it on business catalyst and email messages sent to my domain will be forwarded as before by Zone Edit.
Am I right?

Thanks in advance,
Eli

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eli.

You can delegate the domain name to non zoneedit nameservers.. to use the mail forwarding service make sure the primary MX is set to mx-caprica.zoneedit.com.

Either nameservers used should be fine .. if yo delegate both sets gthat would be considered a multiple primary set up.. which works nicely but you have to make sure that the zone file on both
nameserver sets are identical.

thanks
sandy

Eli Geller

Hi Sandy,

Exactly what I needed. The MX address works great, and I don't need to change the addresses for the Name servers.

Thanks a lot!
Eli