URL Forwarding

bienpiola

Hi,
I have this domain: www.bienpiola.com.ar , and it is supposed to take you to a facebook page with forward URL from zoneedit.
The thing is that the URL forward is NOT WORKING with "www.bienpiola.com.ar" but it WORKS when i type "bienpiola.com.ar" , there is any explanation or way to have both forwarding to the URL??

thank you for any help

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
You would need to create a URL forward where the host is the @ sign for the root domain to work
the way you want.

thanks
sandy

I have a domain (www.blackmorewx.com) that has been working perfectly in zone edit for years. It is URL forwarded to my home computer (173.71.151.138:8001) which is running the web server. I have recently added another domain name (www.coolrvgadgets.com) and for some reason I cannot get it to work. My setting are the same as the working domain other then the port number of course. It works fine with my home ip 173.71.151.138:8002 but not working with www.coolrvgadgets.com. I have reviewed my settings for the domain on zone edit with no luck. Any help would be great.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
if you go to www.coolrvgadgets.com you do get forwarded to coolrvgadgets.com:8002 and then an Unable to connect to remote host error occurs, where as coolrvgadgets.com:8002 works fine
the one error I did get in the logs was `lynx: Can't access startfile http://www.coolrvgadgets.com/`
which suggest that for this to work www.coolrvgadgets.commust be set up as a vhost on the webserver,

a virtual host would be running multiple sites off the same server,

thanks
sandy