ns7.zoneedit.com and ns12.zoneedit.com down again?

cicconsulting

Are you guys able to logon to the account management? I am not even able to logon to my account... may be the entire server farm at ZONEEDIT is down.

Ric

I think that NS7 and NZ12 (at least) have been down since about 7:15 PM EST

I can still login to my account.

Roboman51

I read through some old posts regarding the last time this happened. ns8 and ns13 respond with the free domains (double check yours). I've changed my primary and secondary dns at the registrar level to ns8 and ns13 but will have to wait for propagation. You can test this from a windows machine by doing the following but replace the query with your domain to see if that nameserver knows your IP:

C:\Users\roboman>nslookup
Default Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.254.254

> server ns8.zoneedit.com
Default Server: ns8.zoneedit.com
Address: 136.0.0.131

> yourdomain_here.com
Server: ns8.zoneedit.com
Address: 136.0.0.131

Name: yourdomain_here.com
Address: 64.68.198.1

Roboman51

I did the NS change for my domain at GoDaddy (my Registrar) and thankfully, I'm able to pull up my domain and email now. This was only after a few minutes since the NS change so I'm happily surprised. This of course will vary depending on your ISP / propagation etc. I'm still waiting for some missed mail to come in but am keeping my fingers crossed.

graham

Multiple domains down. No response on support ticket yet. Mine are many paid domains are various servers. Sucks to be me right now.

I can get ping returns but nothing else. DNS response is no hosts. Can't login to account management either. :(

markjr

easyZone CEO
Staff member
This was a the NYC datacenter (again) which has been utter garbage. We've been notified by our upstream that it's being shut down next month so we'll be moving this.

The problem in your cases were you were affected hard by this was that your domains had both of their nameservers in the same datacenter.

For now I've rerouted all traffic, should kick in shortly.

Going forward, you should change your delegations so that you are not single-homed (one datacenter) - we're going to be running a process to identify all these domains and email those affected.

You can switch your delegations as follows:

ns3 (NYC) can be switched to ns2 (Zurich) or ns1 (Miami)
ns7 (NYC) can be switched to ns6.zoneedit.co.uk (San Jose) or ns5 (miami)
ns12 (NYC) can be switched to ns16 (which is also NYC, but it's a different DC)

Sorry about this guys, we're going to fix this situation.

Aerolith

Its resolving now but my mail forwards seem to be borked

Edit: seems ok now. Thanks!

Last edited: