Need help allowing new website host to use my domain

gsmhvac

We recently created a new website with GoDaddy and need to authorize them to use our domain we have through Zone Edit. I am not sure how we can go about authorizing them to use our already purchased domain. I am newer to the company and the two men who set up our domain have retired leaving me without access to any of our login information.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi again.. what do they need to do ? Were their zone file changes to be made or does it concern the domains registration?

regards.

gsmhvac

I am not sure. They told me to contact Network Solutions, which I did. Network Solutions told me I need to contact you. I am not sure what we would need from you in order for Go Daddy to use our already purchased domain name.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
networksolutions.com is the registrar so if you needed to switch registrars or delegated nameservers you would need to do that from Network solutions. If you need to add a reciord to the domains zone file that would be done with zoneedit. Can you find out explicitly what changes need to be made to the domain ? then I would be better served advising you who can assist.. zoneedit or network solutions.

gsmhvac

It sounds like a need an A record, DNS and IP address. We do not want to make any changes to the domain. Just allow permission to use it.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
ok so zone file changes.. as you do not have access please send in an email at access@zoneedit.com, attn sandy and we can work on getting you access to the account. regards.