My domain is no longer in my account and bounces email

I have been getting complaints that email to my domain (s97.apor1.org) has been bouncing with zoneedit giving a 554 relay access denied error. When I went into my account to look at it, the domain no longer shows up in my account. While the DNS does seem to be served (I can look up DNS entries and get responses), all email to the domain bounces. Please fix this ASAP and let me know what happened and what needs to be done to keep this from happening again. Thank you.

mik

Just echoing APO above, that I had an identical problem.
I've had a couple free zones with zoneedit for several years, ie. maindomain.net and sub1.maindomain.net. About 10 days ago, the sub1 zone seemed to just disappear... I started losing mail, and I have many email addresses at sub1 (such as ebay1@sub1, etc.)
So I logged in, deleted the sub1 A and MX records and changed sub1 to a CNAME of maindomain. Also added a couple other identical CNAMES, sub0 and sub2 (that I used to use years ago) and updated other records - everything correct. Using Gmail, I verified sub0 and sub2 successfully - receiving mail. But the identical sub1 will not verify with Gmail because the sub1 CNAME status has not propagated after a week. For instance, mxtoolbox.com still sees sub1 with the old zone information. So I'm still not receiving my mail at sub1, and too many addresses to change to sub0, etc.
Appreciate some help with subdomain and propagation issues. Thanks!

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi Apo... can you let me know which user ID s97.apor1.org was in?

For Mik. I am sorry but I need a domain name to go on.

thanks
sandy

markjr

easyZone CEO
Staff member
I think there may have been some confusion because apor1.org is in a different account here and it had been sub-delegating s97.apor1.org to a separate zoneedit account. I'm looking now and it seems as if s97.apor1.org was "pruned" back in October, meaning we didn't think it was live on zoneedit nameservers so we took it out.

I've just reimported this domain into your account.

Thank you for restoring the domain. What you restored was very outdated, but I have fixed it, so all should be well.

I am still a little confused, though. This domain was in the apo97 account much more recently than your records seem to be telling you. I have made changes to the mailmap in the last month or two - changes that were obviously not in the October backup that was restored. Should I be concerned that this will happen again?

markjr

easyZone CEO
Staff member
You're right, I found the process that took it out.
We ran a cleanup process in April 10 and this domain was accidentally deleted:

Code:
singlehomed_precheck.out:Checking domain status for s97.apor1.org using rsp: zoneedit
singlehomed_precheck.out:s97.apor1.org no longer exists - deleting

Sorry about that.

This process was run manually, it's not automated. So it won't happen again, we know now to fix it before we run the cleanup process again.

mik

Hi Sandy, just a note that I sent you a message a few days ago with my domain and info, as you asked. Possibly the issue was also related with the April 10 cleanup process? mentioned by Mark.
Thank you and regards

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mik.

Did you get a response to your support ticket?
If not do you have the ticket ID from the ticket accept message ?

mik

Hi Sandy,

No, this is a free legacy account so there is no support ticket. There is just an issue with one single subdomain - that is similar to other posters to this forum.
Thank you and regards

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mik.

I am sorry, I cannot find your message. can you please resend?

thanks
sandy

mik

Hi,
I am sorry that you would not help me.
I just moved my domain in question to Hurricane Electric's free service. Moving the domain details, delegation, and activation with GMail, altogether took 15 minutes. I'm now receiving email again for the first time since April 10. I deleted my Z/E account.
Best of luck to other legacy Z/E users.
Mik

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
I am sorry as well Mik. Best of luck with your new provider.
I am sorry we could not help.

take care
sandy