my dns (hahnca.com) is going to parked page

Mark Hahn

I just switched my dns service to zoneedit. Everything looks fine in the control panel and online dns checkers say everything is ok, but when anyone goes to my domain, hahnca.com, I get the parked page. How do I fix this?

Mark Hahn

I forgot to mention that I am using dynamic dns from my verizon router. My dynamic record shows that it is working fine.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi Mark.

we have the correct IP:
dig @dns1.zoneedit.com a hahnca.com

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> @dns1.zoneedit.com a hahnca.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 25340
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;hahnca.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
hahnca.com. 300 IN A 47.147.96.115

is that the correct IP?

thanks
sandy

Mark Hahn

Yes, it is working now. Thanks. Having a dns outage was not fun though.

BTW, you queried dns1 but for a while dns1 was correct and dns2 went to the parked page. Also, did you know the soa serial numbers are screwed up?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
serials numbers in error?? do you mean the formatting or the serial number is different on dns1 then on dns2?

sandy

Mark Hahn

When checking dns for hahnca I got errors saying the serial numbers on the servers didn't match and it said the serial number format was incorrect. Another checker found no error. Unfortunately I don't remember which online checker had the errors. I think it was the first one returned by googling "resolve dns"

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
we use the EPOCH format for serial numbers.. its perfectly valid but some DNS checking sites are thrown off by it.

sandy