Mail forward currently taking hours

Aaron B

Can someone check the mail forward logs involving Optusnet.com.au please. Sent some emails earlier today and they took 5 hours to turn up. To my own domain planetab.com if needing to know sending source.

zeadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

I had our Tier 2 take a look at the forwarding logs for your domain. It seems the receiving server was timing out which was causing delivery delays.

ZoneEdit Support

Aaron B

Thanks for that however it seems something else is afoot. I can self send off the mail.optusnet.com.au no problem but my forwards with my domain planetab.com are just taking hours and hours or a day later. Useless for email authenticators.

zeadmin

Administrator
Staff member
They are still valid, but you'll want to use these instead as they are the most up to date servers:

dns1.zoneedit.com
dns2.zoneedit.com

Aaron B

I updated the DNS but there's still something intermittently stopping and or delaying for hours my planetab.com email. The address being forwarded to at Optusnet.com.au appears to be fine so I don't know.

Aaron B

Also with regard to email speed, should it take 15 minutes for Zoneedit login notifications to get to me?

zeadmin

Administrator
Staff member
I had our Tier 2 take a look at the logs again and we don't see any major delays happening on our end. They had the following comments:

"There are quite a few deliveries with no delay on our side. The logs show 13 seconds from accepted message to delivery to extmail.optusnet.com.au. This could be happening before the mailmap (before us) or at extmail.optusnet.com.au. Unfortunately it's impossible to say, but it's not being held on our system."