Information about the external nameserver.

tapstr

Hi. I'm not really familiar with the setup of a website / email. I inherited a domain and I'm trying to figure out how it was used.
Just found that these are the external nameservers used by it were from zoneedit.com
Hopefully you can provide some help on this since we are trying to get the website back running and figuring out how it was set up.
I can provide further information with email if necessary.

Last edited:

tapstr

The owner of the account related to this is deceased so we do not have access to that account unfortunately.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
You must have the ability to access the domain name through the domain name registrar. Please follow the instructions on how to request access to the domain name after creating a new ZoneEdit account.

tapstr

This is a new account I created for the purpose of solving this. We have access to the domain in gandi.net and there I found out that the external nameservers that were set up in the settings were to ns19.zoneedit.com and ns4.zoneedit.com so here I assume.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. Please log in to your ZoneEdit account and click the GET SUPPORT link to send a request from your account.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Your account has been given the ability to use the support link for this one time. Log out and log back in. Otherwise email access AT zoneedit.com. Replace the AT with @ symbol.