If I transfer my domains and want you as registrar...

Brandur

will I keep the time left(same expiration date) on my domains+1 year for the 12$ you are asking?
Or is it expected that I should start from scratch?

If time left, transfers/is kept, do I really have to pay 12$ per domain, every year or am I missing something?
Thank you

//Brandur

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Brandur.
You would keep the existing expiration date and we would add a year to that expiration date upon a successful registrar transfer.

Thanks
sandy

Brandur

Thank you for answering.
But, just so I get this straight.

That means that if I transfer a domain that has two years left and pay for one year. I pay in total 12$ for the next three years, right(after that I pay for every year)! Is this correctly understood?
Thank you.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi again

You would not pay for the domains renewal until the new expiration date has been reached. You would pay monthly DNS fees if the domain was also added as a paid DNS zone.

thanks
sandy

Brandur

Hi
I'm sorry. I just can't seem to "get it"!
I have several free slots left, but if I choose/want to use you as my registrar for my domain. I have to pay.
I don't see the point. What is the point of offering me my original free slots, if I can't move registrar as I could before?

Why can't I use/setup/add my 4 remaining free slots with you as my registrar without forcing me to convert to non-free?
I don't mind paying a one-time fee for transferring them to you, but you are forcing me to convert it to a paid domain.
"Optional Transfer my domain registrar to ZoneEdit right away:
Doing so makes it a paid domain, qualifies for premium support and preserves your free slot"

When you write "You would pay monthly DNS fees if the domain was also added as a paid DNS zone.". How can I choose to have a domain as a non-paid DNS zone and what would that mean?
Could you please elaborate, because I feel like we are talking past each other(and me not understanding your "free" concept).

Sorry for being this "annoying". I just don't want make decisions based on misunderstandings from my side :)
Thank you again.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

Not a problem.. If you add the domain name as a free DNS zone... if you have free slots available then there would not be any monthly charges for the DNS services.

I hope this helps.

thanks
sandy

Rick Nyman

I started the process of transferring some domains to ZoneEdit, planning to take advantage of the free domain privacy. I'm at the point of approving the transfer, but wanted to make sure the domain privacy will take effect automatically, as I only see it mentioned on the link to sign up a new domain name.

Many thanks,
Rick

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
For registrar transfers Whois privacy is not turned on automatically. Once you receive the transfer complete email you can set whois privacy via the domains Whois link on the domain management pages.

thanks
sandy

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there.

Can you please login to your zoneedit account and click the Get Support link and send in an authenticated messages.. ATTN sandy with the domain names of concern.

thanks
sandy