feedback and unexpected refund

AgustinGM

I have a domain with you that I use for DDNS exclusively.

chronological order:
1. I purchased some credits back in august. Expecting this to cover expenses for my services for the next years.
2. I started receiving emails from zone stating that I will lose my domain if I don't renew.
3. I went to the renewal page and it asked for real money (visa card/ etc) not my credits. At this point I don't understand. Despite this, I payed the renewal.
- AT THIS POINT I realize that "buying" a domain and using DDNS services mean two different costs. MONEY for renewal and CREDITS for DNS/zone services.
4. I use the support ticket to report / give feedback that you should document / change this more clearly because it is confusing and was very bad for me since I live in a country with extreme inflation and very low economic freedom.
5. I was asked if I wanted a refund. Forgot to answer properly for I've been overloaded with work (this is my bad, I acknowledge that)
6. I got a refund despite I didn't ask for it ( receipt #3267-0795 ).
7. I replied to the support email and was told by an automated response that I'm a free user now so I should go to the public forums (here I am!).

So now, I won't be able to use my domain ( I no longer have credits, I guess ?). Furthermore, if I wanted to buy them back and you offered the same price (let's pretend) I paid back then, due to my country's strict regulations, I will be paying more (AND your refund won't reach me (this is NOT your fault, that's my country's crazy and unfair legislations)

This is feedback. I don't want further refunds. I just wanted better wording. For example, I had TWO paid services with you. Before this issue I thought I had only one (as if credits worked for everything). I would have liked to get a periodic reminder of the remaining credits and the time left before renewals.

That was it. Now I'm not entirely sure where I stand. Do I still have the domain renewal as expected? Am I out of credits? what should I do now to keep my services running?

Regards.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
To clarify - If you purchase a Domain Registration, you get DNS (which provides DDNS) with the cost of the domain registration. Credits are not needed. Credits are only needed if you use our DNS while your registration is handled with another Registrar. Credits are also used if you require an Add-on service (DDNS is *not* an add-on service)

There are 3 service levels:

- Free DNS = self-explanatory, it's free. New accounts receive 1 free DNS slot. Legacy accounts have 5.

- Paid DNS = Uses credits to renew each month. Again, this means we're *not* providing registration.

- Domain Registration which includes DNS = Uses credit cards to renew annually (also supports multi-year renewals).

ALL the above levels include DDNS.

Since you cannot use credits to renew your domain registration service, I refunded the credit purchase you made back in August. There is a limited time before we cannot issue a refund to your credit card. Had I known about your refund/regulations issue, I would not have done so. I thought it made sense to refund you before I couldn't because you had nothing to use the credits on.

Please go into your account. Hover over "USER:" in the blue bar at the top and select "Invoices" from the drop-down menu. Look at your past invoices from 2018 and 2020. You've been renewing with a Credit Card for 4 years now. Nothing's changed from that.

You (as a paid user) can use the "Get Support" option (right next to the Logout button at the top right of your Zoneedit control panel). Sending an email directly to our support email address will result in an auto-reply asking you to use the forums (for free users) or the Get Support link (for paid users) in your account.

AgustinGM

crystal clear, thanks. I can't believe I bought credits by mistake. I was certain I always used credits in the past.
I feel silly now, but also relieved. Thanks for your input

Regards