Error using DNSomatic with ZoneEdit

dorrell

I get the following email from dnsomatic:
-------------------------
ZoneEdit response for 'donorrell.com':

--------------------

<ERROR CODE="702" PARAM="600" TEXT="Minimum 600 seconds between requests" ZONE="donorrell.com">
--------------------
I have the TTL set to 600 for my domain in ZoneEdit. I don't understand what is causing this error. I have to use my router (D-Link DIR-655) to notify dnsomatic of an ip change. For the most part my ip address never changes.

I have attached a file showing the dynamic update on my router. As far as I know, there is not setting to tell the router how often to check.

Any suggestions on why I get this email would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• routerDNSomaticZoneEdit.JPG
    routerDNSomaticZoneEdit.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 3

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there

I do not think dnsomatic works with zoneedit. zoneedit is not listed here:
http://www.dnsomatic.com/

on the select dynamic dns service provider drop down menu... is zoneedit available?

thanks
sandy

dorrell

ZoneEdit is listed by dnsomatic as being one of the many service providers that they support. However, since ZoneEdit went to using a token, I have not seen any documentation on how to use it on my router (D-Link DIR-655) either by ZoneEdit or by dnsomatic, so I use the user name/password method. I have two domains that I need to keep the IP address updated which is why I am using dnsomatic. I tried DirectUpdate, but they have a problem when I use CyerGhost to hide my IP address on the internet. Every time I use CyerGhost, DirectUpdate changes my IP address for my two domains to the one CyberGhost is using. When I exit CyberGhost, DirectUpdate than updates the IP address back to the original being supplied by my cable provider. This generates a lot of traffic and updates to ZoneEdit.

I was hoping that ZoneEdit might be able to tell me how to limit the IP address notification to 600 seconds.

Thanks.

Dorrell

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dorrell.

The dynamic Auth token should be used in place of your account access password... in your screen grab I did not see where zoneedit was listed as the DNS provider???

for TTL.. on the preferences link on the left side bar... click that then you can enable advanced TTL control.. once enabled on the DYN records you can set the TTL to 600 seconds for the individual dyn records.

thanks
sandy