Email forwarding, receipient domain appears to be blocked

Aaron B

Hi,

Can someone please look into logs etc. to identify if email to/from optusnet.com.au here in Australia is being blocked. Or, if Optus is blocking ZoneEdit.

Unable to receive confirmation email to join forum using @optusnet.com.au. Also unable to receive forgot password resets using same domain, @optusnet.com.au

thanks

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello Aaron B,

We'll look and see if we notice any blocks by that host.

Aaron B

Sorry, don't worry about it. Mail, including all the delayed stuff, has flowed through now. I don't know what happened but it was unreliable for 36 hours. Forget needing a code to multifactor authentication if you had to.

I changed nothing and it's resumed. Hopefully caprica being seen on anonmails dnsbl and backscatter doesn't mean too much. At least according to mxtoolbox lookups.

thanks anyway.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear it's working again. There are different kinds of blocks, some permanent and some temporary. The two RBLs you mentioned have no impact on delivery to your ISP email host.

Aaron B

I should note that ZoneEdit systems would not send email to Optus and @optusnet.com.au when I tried to do this forum signup. They all eventually turned up in the delayed lot, however I was at the same time during the 36hr blackout, receiving email back and forth between optusnet and gmail without issue. So definately something up with ZoneEdit.

Aaron B

Any mail issues going on at Zoneedit at the moment? Email is flaky at best. Optusnet.com.au and planetab.com showing up in your logs with any issues? Thanks

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello Aaron,

It does appear there was an issue yesterday with optusnet.com.au. It was either a temporary block, or they were having technical issues. The message is a bit ambiguous.

Example:

status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: conversation with extmail.optusnet.com.au[211.29.133.14] timed out while receiving the initial server greeting)

Today's logs show successful deliveries, so the issue appears to have disappeared.